Question

Student
jdtous
Message 1 of 2 (434 Views)

Installing D110 on iMac

I have a Photosmart D110 printer that I have successfully installed on our Macbooks and home PC.  I just purchased an iMac with MAC OS X Lion 10.7.1 and can't get the computer to recognize or find the printer after I install the software that came with the printer.  The computer and printer are both connected and operating on my home's wifi.

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 2 of 2 (379 Views)

Re: Installing D110 on iMac

Hi,

The software which came with the printer is intended for Mac OS 10.5 and 10.6, as a full feature for 10.7 is not yet available for that model.

Make sure to remove any uncompatible software by running the HP Uninstaller, which is located under Applications > Hewllet-Packard

Then add the printer by clicking the Plus sign under System Preferences > Print & Scan,

Your printer should be listed as they are both connecteed to your home network.

A Software update will be retrieved from Apple Software Update servers.

For any issue obtaining the driver automatically, install the HP Printer Software package which contains the entire Software Update package:

http://support.apple.com/downloads/DL907/en_US/HewlettPackardPrinterDrivers2.7.2.dmg

Then click the Plus sign as described above.

Sincerly,

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation