Question

Student
SHRIS
Message 1 of 3 (460 Views)

Installing Deskjet 2050 J510 driver on Hp Pavillion DV5 -WIN 7

I have been trying to installt  the printer driver on a Hp Pavillion DV 5 on windows 7 32 bit thro USB. Keep getting a messaeg that the device driver has failed and the print processor is unable to start.

I am not sure if the problem is with the driver or the windows 7 on the notebook. It looks like the print processor resources are not properly installed. I do not have a Win 7 CD handy. What should be done to solve the printer driver problem. The hp scan module works as the same was installed earlier. The error is with installing the printer driver. Appreciate help to solve this.

Provost
pcwizard
Message 2 of 3 (437 Views)

Re: Installing Deskjet 2050 J510 driver on Hp Pavillion DV5 -WIN 7

Hi SHRIS, 

Try downloading and installing the driver from the HP website. 

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=al-80767-3&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Student
patwines
Message 3 of 3 (113 Views)

Re: Installing Deskjet 2050 J510 driver on Hp Pavillion DV5 -WIN 7

It didn't work.  I can scan using both usb and network.  I have another computer that will scan and print using network connection.

The printer printed a report from the HP diagnostics. It won't print anything else.   I only have 2 drivers installed they appear to be for the scanner.

I have  removed and reinstalled the printer with no success.  It has operated from this computer previously and then decided to quit.

My computer is a Chinese laptop.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation