Installing HP Deskjet 3055A on Windows 8 (5024 Views)
Honor Student
oldnev
Message 1 of 5 (5,024 Views)

Installing HP Deskjet 3055A on Windows 8

Am trying to install new Deskjet 3055A onto a  new Pavilion G6 operating Widows 8. Get message the operating system is not sufficient. Please upgrade.

As the laptop is less than a month old and printer less than a week old I would have thought both new enough.

Please advise

Oldnev

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 2 of 5 (5,015 Views)

Re: Installing HP Deskjet 3055A on Windows 8

Hi Oldnev,

Download and install the latest Windows 8 software below, then follow the on-screen instructions to install the printer:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=al-109013-2&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Honor Student
oldnev
Message 3 of 5 (5,000 Views)

Thanks Shlomi

I downloaded as you suggested. A pop-up box said the download was successful. From then on Nothing.

I waited several minutes but did not get any on-screen instructions. Incidentally I am trying to install wireless, does this make any difference

Oldnev

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 4 of 5 (4,997 Views)

Hi,

The connection type should not make any difference.

Open your web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Chrome, etc.) and click CTRL + J on your keyboard, the Downloads window wll appear.

Double click the DJ3050A_J611_1315.exe file, it should be listed on this window.. this should launch the installation program.

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Honor Student
oldnev
Message 5 of 5 (4,971 Views)

Thank you Shlomi,

I did exactly as you said and no matter my efforts the laptop would not download. I have returned it to the retailer under the sale of goods act and am awaiting a new one. No doubt I will be contacting you in the not too distant future. In the meantime many thanks for your help

Neville Atkins

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation