Re: Is there no way? (152 Views)
Student
hothead
Message 1 of 5 (170 Views)

Is there no way?

I was just told by an HP support rep that there is no HP Solution Center or equivalent for Windows 8. Does this mean I can no longer use my Officejet 6210 now that I have upgraded to Windows 8?

PhD Student
cnfrisch
Message 2 of 5 (152 Views)

Re: Is there no way?

Please see: Install a Windows 8 Driver with Windows Update

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
hothead2
Message 3 of 5 (143 Views)

Thanks. That helps.

But I'm angry that HP is not providing software that allows me to use all the functions of my printer with Windows 8, as it did with Vista. When I complained about it to the phone rep, she tried to sell me a new printer!

When I do buy a new printer, it won't be an HP. I won't buy from a company that doesn't support its own products.

Regents Professor
sabretooth04
Message 4 of 5 (137 Views)

[ Edited ]

Since that printer came out for Windows 98, don't look for any updates since it is over 10 years old.  Great you got that long a time out of it, but Windows 8 does not support that old printer... hence limited drivers.  The printer is just too old to justify making changes like this.  Same as your windows 98 software does not work on Windows 8.

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Thumbs Up to the left in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as an Accepted Solution ...
I worked for HP but now I'm retired!
Honor Student
hothead2
Message 5 of 5 (122 Views)

I bought that printer in the fall of 2005, so it is 7 1/2 years old not "over 10". But it works fine and I buy HP cartridges, so why should iHP not support it? And how is it Microsoft's fault that HP doesn't make their solution center software compatible with Windows 8?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation