Question

Student
Alexey70
Message 1 of 9 (5,893 Views)

J3680 Cartridge Error.

I changed cartridges on officejet  J3680 and got "cartridge error" . Cant resolve the problem.

Retired
Caroline_1
Message 2 of 9 (5,878 Views)

Re: J3680 Cartridge Error.

[ Edited ]

Hi Alexey70, Is the error just displaying as Cartridge error , What can be tried is to remove the cartridges and reseat them again. if the error still doesnt go try the steps in this link hope this info helps. http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01570542&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_R1002_US...

Regards

Student
TomsHP
Message 3 of 9 (5,618 Views)

Re: J3680 Cartridge Error.

I too have the same error message: "Cartridge Error" on a HP Officejet J3680.   I've cleaned the contacts on the cartridges and the cartridge contacts in the machine.   I've replace both cartridges with new ones of the correct model (21 & 22).   I still get the same message: Cartridge Error.   I believe it is the left-hand color cartridge causing the problem.  I've noticed the ink level display will work then not work for the color cartridge.  The black cartridge ink level display always works.   What is the fix??

Honor Student
MiamiMiami
Message 4 of 9 (2,878 Views)

Says: "Cartridge Error: Cartridge on left is not intended for this printer"

Yesterday my printer hp j3680 all in one - started this error message.   I have taken out the cartridges repeatedly, tried to information available, cleaned it, etc.

The color cartridge is fairly new and almost full,so I don't want to throw it our and buy a new one. If it would even help.

What do I do?  Thanks.

Honor Student
MiamiMiami
Message 5 of 9 (2,873 Views)

Re: Says: "Cartridge Error: Cartridge on left is not intended for this printer"

I think that the problem is related to my allowng an hp update a day ago. Can I unupdate it?
Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 6 of 9 (2,860 Views)

Hi MiamiMiami

Are you using a genuine HP cartridge?

Cartridge not Intended msg

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=ie&lc=en&docname=c01570542

Thanks, Ciara

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
Honor Student
MiamiMiami
Message 7 of 9 (2,843 Views)

Hello. Thank you for responding.

Yes it is an HP cartridge, purchased from the local Staples.

However, I have to say that it would be really wrong for HP to force people to use their cartridges.

This just happened a few days ago, I have owned it for a while.  I hate to think of hp making it obsolete.

I have tried everything I could think of - remove the cartridge, remove the program, etc.

It has seriously disrupted my work and income.

I hope you can help.

Honor Student
MiamiMiami
Message 8 of 9 (2,839 Views)

I found the hp customer site. too bad it is so buried and I could not find it two days ago.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documentSubCategory?tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&pro...
It showed how to clean the inside of the printer.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01570542&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lc...
Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 9 of 9 (2,832 Views)

Hi MiamiMiami, so you've tried cleaning the printer carriage contacts? Has that solved it? If not then I'd suggest contacting HP phone support (you can get the cartridge warranty details in this link )

Please let me know how you get on

Thanks, Ciara

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation