05-26-2009 12:59 PM
Of course I tried a brand new cartridge (within date range). Then I went back and bought another. Also cleaned contacts on both cartridge and carrier. Also did all updates via hp.com. Powered unit down several times and removed cartridges as per hp website. Running XP Media and using USB for connection...have had no issues for many months with this printer until now. Emailed HP 5 days ago with no response so trying for help here as most posts seem very informative.
Thanks in advance.
06-06-2009 03:19 PM
If you have tried with two set of ink cartridges and they are HP Genuine cartridges and still you are getting the same msg.Then it is very clear that there is something wrong with the printer.. You must contact Hp Tech Support (1800-474-6836) for further assistance to get it replaced. Provided your unit is under warranty..
Hope this will work...
03-18-2010 01:04 AM
Try unplugging the printer for a few minutes.
When I plugged it back in I held down the setup and cancel buttons at the same time.
Something I did fixed the problem!
03-07-2012 03:32 PM - edited 03-07-2012 03:36 PM
Had same problem with HP J6480 black ink cartridge. Tried to install several times. Finally shut printer down for a few minutes, then turned back on while holding down 'Setup' key. Immediately installed, reading 'Genuine HP...etc.' Printer proceeded to align as normal. No further trouble with this cartridge. Hope this takes some of the frustration away.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation