Question

Honor Student
rotaryboy
Message 1 of 4 (4,773 Views)

J5780 Cartridge Error: Cartridge on left must be replaced

Of course I tried a brand new cartridge (within date range).  Then I went back and bought another.   Also cleaned contacts on both cartridge and carrier.  Also did all updates via hp.com.  Powered unit down several times and removed cartridges as per hp website.  Running XP Media and using USB for connection...have had no issues for many months with this printer until now.  Emailed HP 5 days ago with no response so trying for help here as most posts seem very informative.

Thanks in advance.

Honor Student
Mkaur9
Message 2 of 4 (4,699 Views)

Re: J5780 Cartridge Error: Cartridge on left must be replaced

Hi,

If you have tried with two set of ink cartridges and they are HP Genuine cartridges and still you are getting the same msg.Then it is very clear that there is something wrong with the printer.. You must contact Hp Tech Support (1800-474-6836)  for further assistance to get it replaced. Provided your unit is under warranty..

Hope this will work...

Student
mschaffroth
Message 3 of 4 (3,998 Views)

Re: J5780 Cartridge Error: Cartridge on left must be replaced

Try unplugging the printer for a few minutes.

When I plugged it back in I held down the setup and cancel buttons at the same time.

Something I did fixed the problem!

HP 6310xi

Mark S.

Honor Student
ardium34
Message 4 of 4 (1,956 Views)

Re: HP Ink Cartridge Error: 'Cartridge on (right or left) must be replaced'...

[ Edited ]

Had same problem with HP J6480 black ink cartridge. Tried to install several times. Finally shut printer down for a few minutes, then turned back on while holding down 'Setup' key. Immediately installed, reading 'Genuine HP...etc.'  Printer proceeded to align as normal.  No further trouble with this cartridge.  Hope this takes some of the frustration away.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation