Large Gap in Everything I Print (1674 Views)
Top Student
tydogg2443
Message 1 of 12 (1,674 Views)

Large Gap in Everything I Print

[ Edited ]

I just bought this printer a week ago(F2430), and since day one I've had issues with things printing with a 1/2 in. gap at the end of each page. I've tried printing from different programs, I've never messed with the margins. I've tried printing on the usual 8x11 paper as well as a few photos on 4x6 borderless photo paper. The gap is always the same size.

It almost seems as if everything that is being fed into the printer is getting pulled in too slowly and it misses printing the first 1/2 in of the paper, thus creating the 1/2 in gap at the end of each document. I'm not sure what else to do. :mansad:

Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 2 of 12 (1,609 Views)

Re: Large Gap in Everything I Print

Since u said it pulls in the paper slowly, you could try cleaning the rubber rollers at the back of the printer. Remove the rear cleanout door, and then clean the rollers with a slightly damp lint-free cloth, and then try printing.

If the issue still occurs, then go into the Printing Preferences of the printer on your PC, and look for an option called Minimize Margins and enable that option and then try printing.

----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Top Student
tydogg2443
Message 3 of 12 (1,604 Views)

Well since it's a brand new printer, I don't see how the rollers could need cleaned. But I'll look into it. Any other ideas, anyone?

Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 4 of 12 (1,596 Views)

Even though the printer may be new, dust can always settle on the rollers. Even dust on the paper will come onto the rollers when feeding it. That's why, to eliminate that possibility, I asked you to clean it.

Usually, most papers have a slightly rougher surface on one side, and a smoother surface on the other. When you place the paper in the paper tray, make sure that the rougher surface is facing up. This will ensure that the rollers get enough grip on the page.

PS: What type of paper are you using?

----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Top Student
tydogg2443
Message 5 of 12 (1,576 Views)

As I said before, I've used different sizes of paper, but what I didn't mention was that I did try different types as well. Card stock, normal printing paper, and photo paper. Still no luck. I don't think it actually feeds the paper too slowly, I think it's a timing issue. It's as if it's begun printing before the paper actually reaches the print heads. No matter what the size or type of paper, it's the same sized gap every time. So that is another one to knock the dusty roller theory. Or it's some VERY consistent dust. I also looked into what you'd previously said about the margins and was unable to locate what you were referring to.

Honor Student
mikespi
Message 6 of 12 (1,574 Views)

Try setting your printer preferences back to default let me know if it works

mikespi

Top Student
tydogg2443
Message 7 of 12 (1,556 Views)

All settings are already set to default, thus resetting them is not an option.

lol.. I can't believe i'm the only one with this problem. Not sure what else to do.

Top Student
tydogg2443
Message 8 of 12 (1,548 Views)

[ Edited ]

Here is an example of what a normal webpage will look like after printing it out... The top margins are nearly gone completely and the bottom is abnormally large. Even though I've never edited any margin settings.

Keep in mind, the gap at the bottom is present no matter what I'm printing(photos, webpages, docs, etc.) and is present no matter what type or size of paper is used. Also, I never mentioned earlier I'm using a new PC with Windows 7. So this is the only printer this PC has had connected to it, thus all printing settings are default.

Example Printout

Top Student
tydogg2443
Message 9 of 12 (1,515 Views)

uno bumpage por favor :smileyhappy:

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 10 of 12 (1,508 Views)

This looks completely normal to me.  Typically the top margin is 0.08" and the bottom margin is 0.46".  Check the specifications for your printer.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

<----   If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You".

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ---->

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation