Question

Top Student
Happy_now
Message 1 of 5 (12,467 Views)

Laser Jet 5 P Printer Driver for Windows 7 and Windows Vista 64 Bit.

I have a Laser Jet 5P connected to a Windows 7 64 bit computer.  I am trying to share this printer with my Vista 64 bit computer.

When I first attached my printer to my Windows 7 computer, the following Printer name was installed:  HP LaserJet M5035 mfp PCL6. 

Is this the appropriate driver for my Laser Jet 5P in both Windows 7 and Windows Vista?

I have been trying to reinstall the printer drivers on both machines.  They were networked well and working well until about two weeks ago when some update happened.  It may have been IE9.  Since that time, the Vista can see the Laser Jet 5P physically connected to the Windows 7 computer, but it cannot add it in order to print.  Error code 0x000003e3.

Of course, on the HP website the driver is shown as a part of the Vista Drivers and a part of the Windows 7 drivers.  This makes reinstalling a bit tricky.  How do I do this?

Teacher
strmcsr
Message 2 of 5 (12,448 Views)

Re: Laser Jet 5 P Printer Driver for Windows 7 and Windows Vista 64 Bit.

Yes, the M5035 mfp PCL6 driver would  be incorrect.   The proper driver for the Laserjet 5P is stated as such within Win7 and Vista.

You should be able to click on "Add a Printer" in both Vista and Win7 to obtain the proper driver from the OS.  Should look similar to this:

Add a printer.jpg

Though I work for HP, My posts express MY opinion, and not those of HP.
Top Student
Happy_now
Message 3 of 5 (12,437 Views)

Thank you very much for the information.  I was able to install the LaserJet 5P on the Windows 7 computer -- no problem.  I used a USB003 port since I connected the printer to the computer with a IEEE cable.  (1284 I think).

It works fine -- hope this was the correct thing to do.

Question:  When I install the driver on the Vista 64 bit computer (NOT the Host Computer, but a computer on the wireless network), which port should I install it to?

Top Student
alstonshop
Message 4 of 5 (12,161 Views)

Re: Laser Jet 5 P Printer Driver for Windows 7 and Windows Vista 64 Bit. - laserjet 5 and laserjet 4

I have a Laserjet 4 and a Laserjet 5.  I have a computer running Windows 7 64 bit.  I tried to install both printers.  On the list of printers available on the set uip menu both Laserjet 4 and Laserjet 5 appear.  However, I can't print to either printer.  What do I need to do?  Thanks.

Student
RD1727
Message 5 of 5 (6,131 Views)

Thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation