Laser printer corrupt firmware 1515n printer (2992 Views)
Honor Student
emcdonagh1
Message 1 of 2 (2,992 Views)

Laser printer corrupt firmware 1515n printer

Hi Folks,

printer has corrupt firmware ( Reads Firmware Corrupt ready 2 download) Can anyone help on this problem how do i brgin to download and how will printer pick up when i am installing the new firmware. if you could guide me through the steps i'd be most grateful. ASAP if any one can help thanks.

regards

Eugene

Honor Student
emcdonagh1
Message 2 of 2 (2,982 Views)

Re: Laser printer corrupt firmware 1515n printer Fixed

If you follow this link and the steps below you will fix the firmware for your HP 1515n I've jus fixed mine wow great

www.piratec.net/2009/05/firmware-corrupt.html

If the tech was not really helpful, Ashish inspired me to find a solution:
 1- Using the windows “Add a Printer”, I selected the driver “Color LaserJet” with the printer turn off.
2- With the printer still turn OFF, I run the installation of the Firmware Update by clicking twice on the downloaded file. Then, the application asked what printer I wanted to update. I selected the “Color LaserJet” I had installed earlier.
The PC sent to the printer the “update” file exactly like it would send a document to be printed. If you click on the icon of the printer you will see the file, as you would when you want to know if a document was send to the printer to be printed.
3- Turn the printer ON. Be sure it shows the message: "Firmware Corrupt, Ready 2 Download". You may need to turn it ON and OFF until it shows it.
Then, the PC Driver will automatically send the updated Firmware to the printer.
4- To complete the process you will need to reinstall the printer with the driver of your printer. 
This works with any HP printer. 

Of course If you have this problem and still have the correct driver you can start directly on step 2. 

Regards

Eugene

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation