01-18-2012 02:33 PM - edited 01-18-2012 03:21 PM
We have recently upgraded our wireless modem through Century Link to with new ZyXEL PK 5000Z Modem. But the day before that we were unable to print to our 1102w. The reason "printer is offline".
We have tried various things. unplugging/replugging printer, computer, modem. We have tried the hints under "your printer used to work but now isn't" We have downloaded the driver thinking we could just start over. We have tried the printer ulility under "Printers & Fax" but we can't open it up the choices. Some of the directions have been for printer address, network connectivity, etc. The green light is on, the blue light is flickering and nothing is happening!
We thought the simple solution would be to put our new WPA into our printer configeration butwe have not gotten as far as that
Just printed Self test - Device Configuration
Network Info: Not Connected
IP Configured by = Manual
IPv4Address = 0.0.0.0
Priority seems to be get connected to network - do I use USB or Ethernet to my MacBook Pro to get connected? The router has ethernet ports
01-20-2012 01:35 PM
Thanks for the post. I've attached a link below to a document that describes connectivity via USB. I might recommend trying this first and then we can go from there..Good Luck!
*Say thanks by clicking the *Kudos!* which is on the left*
*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with (Accept as Solution) if it solves your issue.*
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation