Question

Student
jansorenson
Message 1 of 2 (237 Views)

LaserJet 1102w on Mac OS 10.6 home wireless network "printer is offline"

[ Edited ]

We have recently upgraded our wireless modem through Century Link to  with new ZyXEL PK 5000Z Modem.  But the day before that we were unable to print to our 1102w.  The reason "printer is offline". 

We have tried various things. unplugging/replugging printer, computer, modem.  We have tried the hints under "your printer used to work but now isn't"  We have downloaded the driver thinking we could just start over. We have tried the printer ulility under "Printers & Fax" but we can't open it up the choices.  Some of the directions have been for printer address, network connectivity, etc.  The green light is on, the blue light is flickering and nothing is happening!

We thought the simple solution would be to put our new WPA into our printer configeration butwe have not gotten as far as that

Just printed Self test - Device Configuration

Network Info: Not Connected

IP Configured by = Manual

IPv4Address = 0.0.0.0

Priority seems to be get connected to network - do I use USB or Ethernet to my MacBook Pro to get connected? The router has ethernet ports

Associate Professor
stix4
Message 2 of 2 (202 Views)

Re: LaserJet 1102w on Mac OS 10.6 home wireless network "printer is offline"

Hello,

Thanks for the post.  I've attached a link below to a document that describes connectivity via USB.  I might recommend trying this first and then we can go from there..Good Luck!

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02009281&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&la...

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02013466&tmp_task=useCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lang...

I worked for HP but my posts and replies are my own....Thank you!

*Say thanks by clicking the *Kudos!* which is on the left*

*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with (Accept as Solution) if it solves your issue.*

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation