Question

Honor Student
CD154
Message 1 of 6 (6,621 Views)

LaserJet 1536dnf error 79

I've had my LaserJet 1536dnf MFP since September 1st, 2012 (operating on a Windows operating system). In that time its functioned fine until Tuesday of this week (August 13th, 2013). The printer/scanner/copier/fax worked for the first half of the day but during the second half of the day started malfuntioning. It will no longer fax, scan, print, or make copies. Each time we try to do this, the printer shows "79 error". I have restarted the printer (several times), turned it off and back on (several times, waiting for at least 30 seconds in between), I have also plugged the device into an outlet rather than a surge protector (all suggestions I've seen online). 

I also tried this solution but am still receiving the same error message. 

When left on, my printer is continuously restarting itself and initializing but then showing the error message. When I spoke to hp support via telephone, "all they could tell me" was it was a hardware issue with the scanner. 

Any further solutions I could attempt? This printer is being used for a business and it's getting very difficult to function properly without it!

Thank you.

Retired
OrnahP
Message 2 of 6 (6,610 Views)

Re: LaserJet 1536dnf error 79

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums. This is a peer-to-peer community for customers to connect and share solutions regarding their HP products.

You may have a better response at the forums for business support, if you'd like to give them a try:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Support-Forums/ct-p/business-support

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OrnahP
HP Support Forums Moderator

:smileyhappy: Clicking the "Kudos Star" to the left is a great way to say thanks!
:smileyhappy: When your problem has been solved, accept the solution by clicking "Accept as Solution" to help other members in the future!
Rules of Participation

Regents Professor
8lives
Message 3 of 6 (6,606 Views)

Hi, if the 1536dnf is under warranty then HP should be able to help you out.

For trouble shooting 79 error you want to determine if external I/O device(s) are the cause or if it is the formatter.
Remove all external I/O devices (JetDirect, memory, etc.) and see if problem persists.

If not, replace the formatter.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
If my answer was helpful click the “Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks”!
I am not a HP employee.
Honor Student
CD154
Message 4 of 6 (6,603 Views)

It's under waranty but I can't find the receipt so they won't help for free. :smileyhappy: :smileyvery-happy:

Thank you for your suggestion. I will definitely try it.

Student
toni_deanlegal1
Message 5 of 6 (4,633 Views)

Receiving error 79 message. Tried turning off and on unplugging.  Noting works and it tries to restart itself every several minutes.

HP Support Agent
Advance23
Message 6 of 6 (4,188 Views)

Hi toni_deanlegal1,

I understand that you are getting an error 79 message. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.

Try the steps in this document for Print Jobs are Stuck in the Print Queue, we need to determine if it is software related or hardware related. Before you begin, remove all other products from the computer, so you are only working with the computer and the LaserJet. Try to print again to see if it was another product causing the error.

Please let me know how it goes.

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" by the Reply to say “Thanks” for helping!

~Advance23~
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation