LaserJet M1522nf MFP- fax problem (3246 Views)
Student
capejohn
Message 1 of 2 (3,246 Views)

LaserJet M1522nf MFP- fax problem

I just got this machine. Faxing is a problem. I have a dial tone, I attached a Princess phone to the fax line-- I can call in and call out--. When I attach the phone line to the HP and call that phone number I get a busy signal. When I try to send a fax I get a message that there was no answer--the fax was sent to a friend who was waiting to receive it and knows that his fax was able to accept faxes. In short, it isn't working---anybody have any ideas?
Tutor
even4
Message 2 of 2 (3,060 Views)

Re: LaserJet M1522nf MFP- fax problem

Please check the following and see if it solves your problem:

- First make sure you're using the device on an analog line, as this product is designed specifically for use with traditional analog phone services.

- Is the printer connected to an extension phone port? If so, try connecting to a direct port.

- Are you connecting a downstream phone to the printer? If so, try disconnecting the downstream phone and then re-send fax.

- Try using another phone cable or phone line.

- Try sending fax to another fax number. Do you have problem sending fax to more than one number?

- Try restoring to factory defaults.

- Have you correctly set the Country at first power on?

- Update the latest firmware from www.hp.com.

- You can also find more troubleshooting tips from "Solve fax problem" chapter in the User Guide.

If you feel this solves your problem, please press the "Solved" button.
I am an employee of HP, but I only speak for myself not for the company.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation