Question

Honor Student
TomsTires
Message 1 of 8 (1,043 Views)
Accepted Solution

LaserJet P2055dn Installation error

Upon attempting the installation I receive the error message stating:

"This software cannot be installed using the 'Run as...' command. The installation cannot continue until this is resolved."

I am the only administrator of the computer and the only other account. I would like to set the printer up via network connection. Thank you for the help.

Associate Professor
AuntieEm
Message 2 of 8 (1,021 Views)

Re: LaserJet P2055dn Installation error

In order to help with your issues, please post the following:

1. what OS you are using?

2. what type of connection you are using?

3. Print a configuration page and post what software and firmware version you have installed

Thanks.

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution

Professor
RobertoR
Message 3 of 8 (1,016 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi TomsTires; Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that you are having this issue;

Please reply with hte information that AuntieEM is requesting and also bear in mind, this is a commercial product. I suggest posting in the forum for HP Business Support as well for a even a better chance at finding a prompt answer.

You may find the commercial Laserjet board here.
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-LaserJet/bd-p/bsc-413

Thanks;
RobertoR

You can say THANKS by clicking the KUDOS STAR. If my suggestion resolves your issue Mark as a "SOLUTION" this way others can benefit Thanks in Advance! :smileyvery-happy:
Honor Student
TomsTires
Message 4 of 8 (1,011 Views)

The problem has been solved. Thanks for the assist.

Wiv Honor Student
Honor Student
Wiv
Message 5 of 8 (928 Views)

Identical problem with me. However, I am just trying to set up the printer for single user, not for networking. What changes do I need to make to the OS ?

Many thanks for help

Professor
RobertoR
Message 6 of 8 (910 Views)

Hi there Wiv;

Quick suggestion;

This printer HP LaserJet P2055 the  is a commercial product. I will suggest posting in the forum for HP Business Support as well  for yet a better chance at finding a prompt solution.

This is the business support page you for printer;

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Home.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesI...

You may find the commercial Laserjet board here.
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-LaserJet/bd-p/bsc-413

Thanks;
RobertoR

You can say THANKS by clicking the KUDOS STAR. If my suggestion resolves your issue Mark as a "SOLUTION" this way others can benefit Thanks in Advance! :smileyvery-happy:
Associate Professor
AuntieEm
Message 7 of 8 (902 Views)

Wiv,

I am not sure what OS you are using so I tested the install process on a win7 64 bit. When I downloaded the default Full solution software it when right into an install screen where I could choose the easy install or the advance install options. I chose the easy install and let everything run and install as normal. If you are having a different, could you please explain further and I will try to help you through it.

I have linked you to some documents that might be of some help and have some screen shots that should help you through this. I have also given you the link to the product page which has the full solution driver. You will want to choose the HP LaserJet P2050 Seroes PCL6 Default Install.

2055d Product Page - choose this option: HP LaserJet P2050 Seroes PCL6 Default Install

Install a full feature driver or full solution on a Windows 7 OS (32-bit and 64-bit) using a USB

Install a full feature driver or full solution on a Windows 7 OS (32-bit and 64-bit) through a netwo...

If you still need help, please post back here and let me know what your specific issue is.

Thanks.

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution

Wiv Honor Student
Honor Student
Wiv
Message 8 of 8 (895 Views)

Many thanks for your help. I finally managed to download the missing driver for both computers and got the printer to work no problem. Thank you for spending time helping me to resolve this issue.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation