03-01-2014 09:53 PM
I had perfectly working LaserJet Pro CM1415fnw color mfp over wireless network. One day it got disconnected from wireless network. It detects network but does not accept wireless network passoword. After trying power down printer, wireless modem, computer, I am trying to re-install driver but keep getting Error that tells me to retstart computer and re-try. I can not install driver downloaded from HP site after multiple attempts. Computer has Windows7 64 bit.
Tried deleting 'temp' folder - disabling firewalls - not sure what to do.
03-04-2014 02:44 PM
Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience!
I understand the printer isn't accepting the network password.
I will be happy to help you.
Double check the network password.
On the computer, click on the wireless icon down at the bottom right corner by the clock.
Right click on your network name, left click properties, click to show password.
If the password is correct then you will have to reset the printer to see if it will resolve this issue.
Please check your private messages and let me know if the steps provided resolves
your issue. In the forum beside your handle name just click on the envelope to view it.
Thank you for posting on the HP Forums.
Have a nice day!
I work on behalf of HP
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation