Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I bought this printer a month ago and about a week ago I started getting the error

“HPCP1020SM.exe (64 bit) has stopped working.” then click close then

“HP system tray has stopped working.” appears click close. the printer will still print but these errors continue to come up every time I print.  I called HP support but they have no clue.  Thanks for who ever can help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi leutzu_mik, 

Follow the steps below to uninstall and reinstall the printer. If you are still unable to get this printer installed on this computer try installing it on a different computer, and let me know if you experience the same issues?

1. Open Control Panel

2. Click on Uninstall a program

3. Uninstall the Laserjet CP1025 from the list

4. Reboot your computer

5. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player

http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

6. Download the basic driver, and then reinstall the printer.

HP LaserJet Basic Driver

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

View solution in original post

59 REPLIES 59
HP Recommended

Hi AlAdvantage, 

Have you uninstalled and reinstalled the printer using the software from the website?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&lc=en&product=4052972&task=...

What operating system are you using on your computer?

Run the following utility to help isolate the issue?

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02582853

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your response, I am a computer tech. myself, I already tried all that and spoke to HP tech support twice for several hours. HP tech support was not able to fix the problem and have no idea what is causing it or what to do about it. The conclusion as of yesterday Jan 30th 2012. HP support gave up and I was transferred to the non-technical supervisor hoping that I would get some credit or gift card to buy HP products but "Glen" the HP supervisor told me that I should simply live with the problem that I have and HP will not do anything about it and there will be no re-imbursement for my trouble. I’ve learned one thing from this experience. Buy the printer that I like, if the printer has any issue DO NOT call tech support and simply return it and get a different model printer. This way HP will get stuck with the bad printer not the consumer.

If you want to look up this case history, my case # is 8056707413

HP tech support was great and very professional but their customer care sucks. I would grade HP customer care H since an F is too good for them.

HP Recommended

Hi AlAdvantage, 

What operating system are you using on your computer?

Do you have the same issue if you install the printer on a different computer?

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have a user with the exact same problem as AIAdvantage.

Have already ran the HP diagnostics software on the computer but found no problem.

Seems that this problem only occurred recently, as it was working fine when I first installed it.

Tried uninstalling and installing the latest driver but the problem stays.

The OS for this computer is Windows 7 Pro (64-bit).

Gavin

HP Recommended

Hi Gavin, 

Do you get the same error message when you have it installed on another computer?

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have installed the HP driver using the installer disc on several computers (each computer connected via usb to a printer), and the error message did not occur.

The error message only started popping out on one of the computer recently, the other computers are fine so far.

Another thing to note, the icon on the system tray is not working as well.

Could it be due to a Windows update?

HP Recommended

Hi Gavin_BYME, 

Anything is possible at this point. Since the printer is working fine on all the rest of the computers then there is something on this computer contributing to the issue. Are you able to back up your data, and then run a factory recovery on this computer?

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

My Operating system is Windows 7 and yes I installed it on another computer without any issues. I know that if I did a complete system restore and reinstalled my programs, restored my data and reinstalled the printer that my problem will be solved. 

What HP is ignoring that all this takes a long time, hours of my valuable time. The second issue is a question to HP. What guarantees me that the error will not reappear few days after all that work is done???  The problem is caused by the HP printer driver, I have other printers connected to the computer and none of them have issues. It is cheaper and a lot less headache to give this $250.00 printer away and get a Brother or Lexmark printer.

HP Recommended

Hi AlAdvantage, 

I can understand your point on these issues. Did you run any updates prior to this issue showing up?

I am an HP employee.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.