Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi mmmaarree, 

Thank you for the update. I will see if there is anything else we can try in the mean time. 

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

Hi mmmaarree

I have exactly the same problem as you describe - only that I have a CP1025 instead of Cp1025nw.

After installation on my HP G500 / VISTA 32 I get the error message after each printing - deinsatllation including eraseing the registry and new installation doesn't help.

Installation on an ASUS Webbook / Windows 7 works without any trouble.

Comparing the registry of both computers doesn't show any difference.

Do you have found any solution for your problem?

best regards,

HP Recommended

Hi Aetna127,

I haven't unfortunately solved.
The update firmware and drivers to the latest version has not resolved and I have no way at present to install the printer on another computer.

Best regards

HP Recommended

Hi everyone. I have the same problem, the printer works fine in terms of use.
But for example when I try to open my print options on the icon bar of the printer, the message appear.

"Laserjet CP1025nw HP system tray has stopped working"

I had the problem  since i used Windows vista 32 bit and I did a clean installation of Windows 7 32-bit.

I install the drivers from the CD that came with the printer. But the nightmare began, not just only the printer didn't worked, but I got a blue screen with the HP system tray problem.

I re-installed the drivers from the HP solution page, and it worked fine for at least 3 months.

The problem came back a few weeks ago when I was trying to see my ink levels.

This is the error registry, hoping some one got a solution or any tech from HP who has not been doing his or her job, because I remember that I search for a solution 1 year ago!!! and the problem has not been solved!

Nombre de la aplicación con errores: HPCP1020STRAY.EXE,
versión: 2010.415.1.19892,
marca de tiempo: 0x4bc77192
Nombre del módulo con errores: hppccompio.dll,
versión: 1.2.0.19,
marca de tiempo: 0x4bab86d4
Código de excepción: 0xc0000417
Desplazamiento de errores: 0x000058a9
Id. del proceso con errores: 0x27c
Hora de inicio de la aplicación con errores: 0x01cd4a9422332abb
Ruta de acceso de la aplicación con errores: C:\Program Files\HP\HP LaserJet Professional CP1020 Series\HPCP1020STRAY.EXE
Ruta de acceso del módulo con errores: C:\Windows\system32\hppccompio.dll
Id. del informe: 60063994-b687-11e1-bb99-00218598b8

The info is in spanish but the order it's the same on any computer.

Thank for the time you take reading my experience.

HP Recommended

Hi Everyone,

Go into the printer preferences, disable bi-directional printing, which is found by right clicking on pinter>choose printing properties>click on ports tab>uncheck bi-directional printing. Let me know if this resolves your issues?

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Hi pcwizard.

I follow your answer, but it doesn't solve the problem. I think that it doesn't have any relation with the problem we have.
In my registry it appeared to be an error with the next files:

HPCP1020SM.EXE, HPCP1020STRAY.EXE, hppccompio.dll.

I tried to see my ink levels by opening the file: HPCP1020STRAY.exe, but there is no answer, it apperead and disappeared instantly from the Taskbar.

HP Recommended

Hi rengo07,

Check out my co workers thread with the same issue.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printing-Issues-Troubleshooting/LaserJet-CP1025-Color-PC-system-tray-st...

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Hi pcwizard,

Thank you for your help!

as recommended I installed the firmware update and unchecked the bidirectional printing.

Unfortunately with no sucess - the error remains.

The occurance of the message "hp system tray stopped working" after start up and after each printing is tiresome, but really annoying is that it is impossible to print more than one copies per printjob.

Best regards,

Aetna127

HP Recommended

This issue is stopping me working !!! What is the solution ?

HP Recommended

Diddybrown12

Your question was “This issue is stopping me working !!! What is the solution ?”

Well, I am the original person that started this blog (topic), It has been nine months since we bought this printer. We are still having the same problem. As of today we spoke to HP support over ten times. As you have guessed HP is not able to fix the problem and they are also refusing to compensate us for this nightmare of a printer they made. I have been an HP printer owner since the early nineties. My first printer was the HP laserjet series II that only printed in black. Now, I have lost all confidence in HP and as soon as this E-Waste runs out of ink I will be buying a new printer. I am sure that you have guessed again, I am buying a non HP printer.  You asked, “What is the solution ?” now you got the solution..

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.