Question

Honor Student
skd584
Message 1 of 7 (6,932 Views)
Accepted Solution

Laserjet p2055dn "jam in cartridge area"

I did clear a recent paper jam (label paper) and the printer works fine.

However, If I try to use the "straight through path" option by opening the back door, I get an error message "jam in cartridge area-open door and clear jam.'

I cannot find a paper jam but simply by closing the back door and reseating the cartridge,  the error message clears, and I am able to print via the top output bin.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Distinguished Professor
-JohnB-
Message 2 of 7 (6,894 Views)

Re: Laserjet p2055dn "jam in cartridge area"

Hi there ,

This article should cover the issue you are experiencing. Give the steps outlined a shot and let us know if it helps.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=110&prodSeriesId=...

Best of Luck!

You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
Honor Student
skd584
Message 3 of 7 (6,891 Views)

Thanks JohnB!

I have already tried those options listed on the link you supplied but still no luck.

Why would opening the back door cause the paper jam alarm?

I do appreciate it though.

Take care.

sue

Honor Student
skd584
Message 4 of 7 (6,878 Views)

I tried to find a jam again using the instructions provided by your link. It is fixed! I didnt find a jam but maybe some small piece of paper got dislodged without me seeing it.

anyway thanks very much!

Honor Student
tewodros
Message 5 of 7 (6,584 Views)

hp 2055d printer error jam in cartridge area to solve the problem dismount the printer but i donot get any jam what can i do?

Honor Student
tewodros
Message 6 of 7 (6,583 Views)

where is the senser to indcate jam in cartridge area

Honor Student
DebbieDee
Message 7 of 7 (4,685 Views)

We managed to solve the problem " paper jamming under the toner cartridge, there is a roller that sits under the toner cartridge that the paper hits and stops". 

On the right hand side of the toner when it is lodged in the printer there is a little 'arm' that comes out.  That should move in and out as the door opens and closes.  We found that our toner cartridge arm was stuck in and so repaired it and it then worked fine. 

It is always better to buy HP toner cartridges but this one that was faulty was a recon so just watch out for that problem.

Hope that helps someone.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation