Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
LaserJet Pro 200 MFP m276nw
Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks

Hello

I am new to the forum.

I am experiencing an issue with my Laserjet Pro 200 with a message "Memory is Low. Job Cancelled."

I have read other posts with the similar issues and tried doing a hard reset by turn it of for 30 second and turning it back on. Still the message appears.

I was trying to update the firmware, but the printer says no updates are found.

I am using a Mac Mini running on 10.9.5 software. I tried doing the firmware update via USB, that didn't work at all.

How can I access the printer memory and clear all the printing history or add memory to the printer? 

I need help!  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Med_Stud10 ,

I read your post and see that you are getting a "Low Memory" error when trying to print. I will certainly do my best to help you.

Check the driver name that is installed for the printer. Make sure it shows just the printer's name.
Click the Apple menu and then click System Preferences. Click Printers & Scanners, highlight the printer name on the left side and on the right side of the screen it should show the printer's name. (Laserjet M276)

If the full printer name isn't listed correctly, delete it and add the printer name back in from the list. Click the - sign to delete the driver and then click the + sign to add the driver, you might have to click the drop down to select the printer's name to add it in.

Try printing again.

I have provided the steps for setting up the printer through IP Protocol if the issue persists, which has resolved other "Low Memory" errors.

Print a Configuration page to get the printer's IP address. HP LaserJet Pro 200 Color MFP M276n and MFP M276nw - Printing a Configuration Report.

Delete the printer from Printers and Scanners.
Click on the + button, select the IP Protocol across the top, type in the printer's IPv4 address, select Jet Direct below and then Apply.

Try printing again.

For scanning though, you will have to select the Bonjour printer.

If you are still having issues, try the reset which I will send you in a private message.
In the forum beside your handle name just click on the envelope to view it.

Please let me know the outcome.

Have a nice day!
Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25
HP Recommended

Hi @Med_Stud10 ,

I read your post and see that you are getting a "Low Memory" error when trying to print. I will certainly do my best to help you.

Check the driver name that is installed for the printer. Make sure it shows just the printer's name.
Click the Apple menu and then click System Preferences. Click Printers & Scanners, highlight the printer name on the left side and on the right side of the screen it should show the printer's name. (Laserjet M276)

If the full printer name isn't listed correctly, delete it and add the printer name back in from the list. Click the - sign to delete the driver and then click the + sign to add the driver, you might have to click the drop down to select the printer's name to add it in.

Try printing again.

I have provided the steps for setting up the printer through IP Protocol if the issue persists, which has resolved other "Low Memory" errors.

Print a Configuration page to get the printer's IP address. HP LaserJet Pro 200 Color MFP M276n and MFP M276nw - Printing a Configuration Report.

Click on the + button, select the IP Protocol across the top, type in the printer's IPv4 address, select Jet Direct below and then Apply.

Try printing again.

For scanning though, you will have to select the Bonjour printer.

If you are still having issues, try the reset which I will send you in a private message.

Please let me know the outcome.

Have a nice day!
Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

It's stopped showing the message. 

Thanks Gemini02!

HP Recommended

I am having a similar problem. Can you PM me the reset instructions?

HP Recommended

Hi @goodtimes4452,

I see that you would like the reset for the printer.

I can send you that information in a private message.

If you need further assistance, please provide the operating system you are using and let me know the steps you have already taken.

If you appreciate my efforts, please click the Thumbs up button below. Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi @

I am having the same issue with my printer it says the memory is low and nothing is printing, can you please PM how to reset the memory?

I've deleted and re added the printer, unplugged it, updated the firmware and nothing is working. Please help

Thank you

I am using OS X Yosemite Version 10.10

HP Recommended

Hi @h92657,

I read your post and see that you are also getting the "Low Memory" error. I will certainly do my best to help you.

The reset most likely won't resolve this issue, we can add the printer as a IP Protocol to fix the issue though.

Click on the + button, select the IP Protocol across the top, type in the printer's IPv4 address, select Jet Direct below and then Apply. For scanning you will need to select the Bonjour driver.

Try printing again.

I can send you that information in a private message still.

Please let me know the results. If you appreciate my efforts, please click the 'Thumbs up' button below. Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hello I tried reinstalling the driver and reinstalling the rinter and it still says memory is low

HP Recommended

Hi @JGadigan,

I see that you are also getting a "Low Memory" error, uninstalling and reinstalling the printer had the same results. I would be happy to help you.

Did you try the suggestions in Message 2?

What printer and operating system do you have?

If you have any issues, please let me know what steps you have taken and the results. Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi, I have a MFP M277dw with the same "low Memory" problem.

Your solution of deleting and adding back the printer via IP number worked, the "memory low" message looks disappeared BUT  I lost some print setting options such as B/W. Should I do something else?

Many thanks, Giulio

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.