Question

Honor Student
ericca
Message 1 of 9 (777 Views)
Accepted Solution

Message Stopped filter failed C3180

Not printing now and message saying Stopped - 'Filter' failed.  It's a C3180 All-In-One and been excellent and reliable for 3 years.

Regents Professor
lions99
Message 2 of 9 (760 Views)

Re: Message Stopped filter failed C3180

Hello,

I see that you're having an issue with the printer. When do you receive this error message? 

Also, try a hard reset with the printer.

Hard Reset:

Unplug the power cord from the printer and wall

Take out the toner/cartridges

Wait 30 sec

Plug the power cord back into the printer and wall (Make sure the printer is plugged into the wall and not a surge protector)

Insert the toner/cartridges back into the printer

Let me know the outcome

Honor Student
roadhacker
Message 3 of 9 (730 Views)

I am having the same issue and the recommended steps above are not working on my J-4680. I really need this to get resolved. What are my next steps?

Thanks

Shane

Honor Student
roadhacker
Message 4 of 9 (729 Views)

I think that maybe I just needed to submit the issue..... The method worked fine. I'm not sure what happened between the time I did the hard reset with the cartridges out and now.. but... Hey. All good now
Honor Student
ericca
Message 5 of 9 (724 Views)

Thanks! Everything now working fine.
Regents Professor
lions99
Message 6 of 9 (711 Views)

Glad the step helped you guys out!

Student
Karrenola
Message 7 of 9 (618 Views)

Your advice REALLY helped lions99.  A hard reset, and sometimes just removing all the ink cartridges, turning the printer off, waiting a few minutes then turning it back on and replacing the cartridges works too. Thanks for that! :heart:

Student
Maje
Message 8 of 9 (495 Views)

Hi,

I haven't used my HP photosmart A610 for a while. After having it successfully istalled on my Macbook pro I succeded to start the printing, however iI got the error message "Stopped filter failed". I did what was proposed on the support page, i.e a hard restart, but the problem remains. I get no photo on the paper, it comes out as white as before. Is there anything else I can do? 

Kind regards,

Marie

HP Support Agent
MissTeriLynn
Message 9 of 9 (477 Views)

Hi Maje,

I understand you're experiencing some issues printing to your Photosmart A610 from your Mac. I will certainly do my best to help you with this.

I would just like to say before I give any troubleshooting steps that if you're still using the same ink cartridges as the last time you used your printer (you had stated you haven't used it in a while) the cartridges could very well be dried out and you may want to replace them before trying anything else.

If that's not the case though, you may need to install the latest update to the Mac drivers from HP which you can access here. Make sure to unplug the printer's USB from the Mac first and then run the update, restart the Mac and then plug the printer back in.

Hope this helps, have a great day!!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster :smileyhappy:
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation