08-04-2013 01:52 AM
I have recently moved to Japan with my HP Envy 114. I'm trying to complete the region change process outlined here:
But have been completely stymied by HP tech support. I spent a total of 45 minutes on the phone with the US team only to have them tell me the Japan HP team would have to help me. I called the Japan support number with a friend to translate for me and they had no idea what we were talking about and said I would have to bring the printer in to a support center. (The closest one is 1 hr away by train)
The KB article above says it can be handled remotely. Is there anyone here that has some insight?
Thanks in advance!
08-05-2013 02:20 PM
If you bought the printer in one region and moved to a new region you need to call customer support to request a "Regionalization Reset". There should not be any charge for this; it is covered as part of the cartridge warranty. You will need to have access to your computer and printer while on the line with HP. You will also need to have a set of cartridges for the new region, once the reset is complete cartridges from the original region will no longer work. Check out the following document about regionalization.
If you live outside the US/Canada Region please click the link below to get the support number for your region.
Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation