My HP 4500 Envy printer won't print (247 Views)
Honor Student
plevea
Message 1 of 3 (247 Views)

My HP 4500 Envy printer won't print

I have a new HP 4500 printer and I'm running Windows 7 (64 bit) on  an HP laptop. 

I have installed/uninstalled/reinstalled the printer driver software multiple times, but I am unable to print. The job spools to the printer and then disappears from the queue without actually printing.

I know the laptop is communicating with the printer because I can scan. 

I had it running once for about 12 hours. Then I got a message saying HP scan was disabled. I haven't been able to print since then.

I have tried using the HP print and scan doctor program multiple times. It didn't fix it.

I have uninstalled all other printer software thinking maybe it was causing a problem. Nope.

I had weekend guests who owned an HP laptop. They were able to install the printer drivers and print without any issues, but I cannot.

I have tried to print using both the USB cable and the wireless setting. Nothing works.

I'm extremely frustrated at this point that both of these products are HP products and they won't work together. I'm ready to return the printer and buy something from a different manufacturer.

Honor Student
plevea
Message 2 of 3 (216 Views)

Re: My HP 4500 Envy printer won't print

Anybody?

Student
Larwana
Message 3 of 3 (198 Views)

Re: My HP 4500 Envy printer won't print

I have the same problem in Windows7 64-bit, but can print from Linux Mint 16 32-bit. I have went through the same steps as mentioned in the post above. I have tried from multiple programs, and in the toubleshooting process can print the internal test page, but nothing else works. I am using an ACER Aspire 5750-6842 computer.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation