Question

Honor Student
scotsmiss
Message 1 of 8 (7,878 Views)

My HP Photosmart 2575 all-in-one printer/scanner has not been abel to scan since I changed by laptop

My Hp Photosmart 2575 all-in-one printer/scanner has not been able to scan since upgrading my laptop.  It still prints okay but when you press the scan button it says "refer to device documentation to troubleshoot", only I have moved home since and cannot find the book

Grad Student
Pontus_N
Message 2 of 8 (7,850 Views)

Re: My HP Photosmart 2575 all-in-one printer/scanner has not been abel to scan since I changed by la

Hello scotsmiss,

This document should help you out with this:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02450835&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=441240

First thing I would do is to download and run the Scan Diagnostic Utility, you can find this here:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&lang=en&docname=c02073861

Honor Student
scotsmiss
Message 3 of 8 (7,845 Views)

Re: My HP Photosmart 2575 all-in-one printer/scanner has not been abel to scan since I changed by la

Hi I tried downloading the scan diagnostic utility but it says that it cannot find the software, yet when I go to print it can see the printer, so not sure what has gone wrong.  I tried contacting someone at Compaq when I got the new laptop and they only manged to unilstall the whole of my outlook....... so had to get it all reinstalled again, but the scanner still won't work

Grad Student
Pontus_N
Message 4 of 8 (7,829 Views)

Hello scotsmiss,

All right, make sure you have installed the software for the Photosmart 2575. You can download the software and drivers if you follow this link:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=441240&

If you have already installed the software, then follow the steps in the other document. Fairly often the cause for this messages is that the list of available scan destinations in the Solution Center is not updated properly. To update this manually, open the Solution Center and click on Settings, Scan Settings and then Scan to setup. Add the destinations you want to the list on the right side and then click Update device.

Honor Student
scotsmiss
Message 5 of 8 (7,823 Views)

nope still can't get it to work, think I will just have to buy a new printer/scanner

Grad Student
Pontus_N
Message 6 of 8 (7,818 Views)

Hello scotsmiss,

Since this doesn't work and the Fax Diagnostic Tool says that there's no software installed, make sure that the drivers for the Photosmart 2575 scanner is installed properly. Either download the software/drivers from the link above and run the installation or follow this document to attempt to install just the driver for the scanner:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Working-with-the-Scanner-and-Camera-Installation-wizard

When it's installed, either use the HP software (Solution Center) or you could use Windows Fax and Scan to scan documents:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Scan-a-document-or-photo-with-Windows-Fax-and-Scan

Student
Teacher-Fatima
Message 7 of 8 (3,299 Views)

My Hp Photosmart 2575 all-in-one printer/scanner has not been able to scan since upgrading my laptop.  It still prints okay but when you press the scan button it says "refer to device documentation to troubleshoot", only I have moved home since and cannot find the book

Master's Graduate
HandyAndy14
Message 8 of 8 (3,279 Views)

Re: My HP Photosmart 2575 all-in-one printer/scanner has not been abel to scan since I changed by laptop

Hello Teacher-Fatima,

I would like to assist you with resolving this issue. Before we begin, I will need to get the following information from you:

1. Is the printer able to make a standard copy?
  2. What is the operating system running on your computer?
  3. What is the connection you have between the printer and your computer?

Looking forward to your response.

Thank you,

HandyAndy14
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the KUDOS STAR on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation