Question

Student
stevepierce
Message 1 of 2 (811 Views)

My brand new Officejet 7500 only prints black and white

I have just bought a lovely Officejet 7500A all in one printer,,,,I have managed to get it networked etc But I have two problems,,,,the first is that the prints are only in Black and white,,,,the other is the print head alignments fails for no apparent reason,,,could these be connected? Should I take it back to the shop?

Many thanks

Steve

Tutor
bedok
Message 2 of 2 (722 Views)

Re: My brand new Officejet 7500 only prints black and white

Hi Steve,

Please try steps below to resolve the problem,

1. Open the top and let the carriage move to the center or left, unplug the printer, remove the ink cart.

2. Lay on side, raise the grey handle and remove the printhead, with a lint free cloth or coffee filter, genitally moisten it and wipe down the contacts on the back of the printhead, also wipe down were the printhead sits down into the printer, reinstall the printhead and ink cart., close the cover, no hold down the #3 on the front of the printer and plug the unit back in, when you get power release the #3 and see if that helps the issue.

Also you may refer to the "Troubleshooting Print Quality Issues" (http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02279823&tmp_task=solveCategory&lc=en&dlc=en&cc...)

Solution five: Print and evaluate a print quality report and troubleshoot defects

Step Four: Clean the printhead

Step Five: Align the printheads

Step Six: Replace the problem cartridges

If the above steps could not solve your problem, you may wish to contact HP at 1-800-474-6836

Thank you!

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

***Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left***

**Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.**

= == = == = == = == = == = == = == = == = == = == = == = == = == = ==
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Kudos! If you feel my post has helped you please click the White Kudos! Star just below my name..

If you feel my answer has fixed your problem please click 'Mark As Solution' and make it easier for others to find help quickly ^!^
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation