Question

Student
riggz_34
Message 1 of 3 (333 Views)

My printer drivers just refuse to install for my photosmart premium c309g.

Essentially a new laptop trying to install the drivers for the printer on the network to be used wirelessly.

I have downloaded the drivers for windows 7 (64 bit (checked and double checked that it was right)), both the basic and full versions and when attempting the setup process is running, it just crashes.

It gets up to the step where it has found the updates and begins to install them and the program just disappears.

I have the CD that came with the printer but it does the same thing when you try to install off that.

I have also tried to get the drivers through adding the device through devices and printers but when windows update tries to get the drivers for it, it just says failed to install.

I uninstalled my antivirus software just incase it was blocking it but that didnt help.

WHAT DO I DO?

Honor Student
Mollypj
Message 2 of 3 (243 Views)

Re: My printer drivers just refuse to install for my photosmart premium c309g.

I can't get my printer to print

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 3 of 3 (235 Views)

Re: My printer drivers just refuse to install for my photosmart premium c309g.

Hello riggz_34

Do you still have the problem with installing the printer? If so check out the following article and go to "No, my error does not include a numbered code". And check step 2 (do this after trying to install the printer).

Fatal Error

Hello Mollypj

What printer and Operating system do you have? Are you experiencing any error codes or anything?

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation