Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

how do i find my wpa. my router is a cisco linksys e1200

HP Recommended

@VividRSXy wrote:

I just received a 7525 for Christmas and upon attempting to set up wireless printing it's asking me for my WPA password. I know the password, however I cannot enter it because there are characters missing from the keypad provided. I have of course gone through all 3 screens of the keypad and they simply aren't there. I cannot change the password, run the printer wired via USB, nor can I use the Auto Connect or WPS features. Please help!

I made the mistake of plugging in the USB cable prior to being prompted for it. On my second attempt I got the option to temporarily use the USB cable to set up the wireless printing feature on my desktop. Problem solved, but thanks anyway!

HP Recommended

Hi 221bbakers

I understand you want to know how to find your WPA.

I can help you with this.

There are a couple of ways to find the encryption and passwords for the network.

Left click the wireless icon on the task bar, shows networks, right click your network name left click properties, click the box to show password or characters, shows the encrytian type and the password.

Another method is to use the  HP Print and Scan Doctor. Click Here.

Hope this helps.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

My new printer is asking for the WPAMEP. Were do I find it? Joaco

HP Recommended

Hi Joaco

I understand the printer is asking for the WPAMEP and you need to know where to find it.

Usually the encryption type is WEP or WPA. Is this a school?

Run the Print and Scan Doctor. When it opens up click on Network across the top of the screen, click show advanced info, click show wireless info, it will show the encrytian type on this screen and your password.

If you need more assistance just let me know.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Where do I find my WPA/WEN so I can get my fax to work?

And please don't repost that unhelpful link.

HP Recommended

Where do I find the WPA passphrase?

HP Recommended

@Ernjean wrote:

Attempting to install a new HP printer.  It is asking for a WPA security passphrase.  Where do I find it?

HP Recommended

My printer is asking for a WPA pass word  HP J4680

HP Recommended
What is a wpa passphrase
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.