Question

Student
pgtl_10
Message 1 of 3 (3,822 Views)

My printer won't print anything

I have a a HP Photosmart C4680 connected via USB to a Windows 7 computer.

Whenever I want to print something, the printer will take the paper and act like it is printing normally. However, nothing comes on the paper. The printer doesn't detect any errors either. I had this same problem with my previous HP printer. Anyway to solve it?

Master's Graduate
kikokixz
Message 2 of 3 (3,784 Views)

Re: My printer won't print anything

hi,

Can you make a copy from the printer alone? If you can make a copy with prints on it, then click here.

Commonly, following the troubleshooting steps found in the workaround category that mentions to use the Deskjet 990c will resolve this issue.

HOpe this helps you! :smileyhappy:

Kiko
Teacher
kevin_techno
Message 3 of 3 (3,753 Views)

Re: My printer won't print anything

Following are some of the tips, which you must follow while you are using a printer with Windows 7 system.

1. Ensure that the cables are properly connected; you need to ensure that your printer is properly connected, and plugged in, and also the cable is accurately connected to the computer as well.
  2. Check the power; make sure that the printer’s power is switched on, ensure that all the computer necessary computer components are also turned on.
  3. Make sure that the hardware is properly plugged in, and also turned on. Apply troubleshooting.
  4. A troubleshooter is a tool, which is generated automatically and which can easily fix the problems that occur with your system.
    Thus, if you are coming across different issues related to your printer, then you can consult the troubleshooter.
  5. You require driver applications to run your hardware devices.
  6. Make sure that the drivers are not outdated, corrupt, or incompatible, resulting in disrupting the communication between the printer and the computer.
  7. Always make sure that you are making use of the most recent and latest device drivers, and also that are compatible with your system requirements and specifications, as this can be extremely useful in resolving printer issues.

get more information and help for windows 7 printer problems . Hope this helps you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation