Question

Honor Student
phrustated1
Message 1 of 8 (3,337 Views)

Networked 7310 Scanner does not work with Vista

I am running an HP7310 on a LAN. I have VISTA Home edition on my PC. After installing the HP Solution Center says "No HP Devices Detected" and the scan to button on the scanner says "No Connection". I have had no problem printing using a print driver I set up. I can copy and fax off the machine.

My Firewall and Anti-Virus Are Disabled

I am doing a Level 3 Uninstall.

I am reinstalling using the Latest HP OfficeJet and Photosmart Full Feature Software and Drivers downloaded from the HP website.

I disconnect the printer from the network before uninstalling and only reconnect it when the install says it will look for devices.

I have been through this process 3 or 4 times and each time the same result.

Does the HP Solution Center work with VISTA and a networked 7310?

Does anyone with a similar configuration have the scan to PC function working?

Am I wasting my time or am I missing something?

Honor Student
phrustated1
Message 2 of 8 (3,305 Views)

Re: Networked 7310 Scanner does not work with Vista

I found the solution in another user's message: needed to open a port on my linksys router to enable the HP Solution Center to see the name of the all-in-one on the network. I did this by going into linksys and opening TCP&UDP port 9100 associated with the IP address of my all-in-one. I then followed the  help notes on configuring zone alarm to allow a connection with the all-in-one in Vista. I just made the parallel configuration changes to my firewall (not zone alarm). Viola...It works.:smileyvery-happy:
Honor Student
Nala
Message 3 of 8 (3,048 Views)

Hi,

I was very happy to see more people have 'my' problem. However, after 4 hours of chatting with HP today the problem hasn't solved for me. I do not have a linksys router (I have a Thomson SpeedTouch 780) where I seem to be able to ajusts ports.

I have tried everything (it seems and HP agreed) but am not capable of locatie the 7310 through the set-up.

(I was succesful in adding it as a networkprinter, which makes the problem even weirder.)

Can someone help me?

Regards,

Nala

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 4 of 8 (3,043 Views)

If you have sucessfully set up the printer on the network the next thing I would check would be the 7310's internal web server.  Find the IP address of the 7310 (either from the printer port assignment, or go to the 7310 and print the network setup).  Then enter the IP address in your browser.  My system is set to 192.168.1.103, so I would enter http://192.168.1.103 in the browser window.

This will bring up the internal server page which has options to view settings or run the scan application.  If you cannot open the web window you will need to adjust your firewall settings.  If you can reach the server page then click on scan under applications.  At this point see if the scan preview or scan will complete.

Regards,

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Printing/Imaging

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Honor Student
Nala
Message 5 of 8 (3,038 Views)

Hi Bob,

Thanks for replying so quickly. I can reach the scanner through the browser but can only scan 1 page there. I usually have to scan documents from 20-30 pages. I have a sheetfeeder, but it won't run from the browser it seems.

I really would like to know why I can't add my 7310 through the network where it is recognized as networkprinter by Vista.

Thanks again in advance!

Regards,

Nala

Honor Student
NightOwl
Message 6 of 8 (2,481 Views)

I have exactly the same problem with my Officejet 6310 and Vista.  It prints fine, but I had to use a static IP.  I've reinstalled SW a million times.  The HP website lists a bunch of HP programs, IP addresses and UPD ports that have to be excluded in the Windows Firewall.  The pritner IP is already trusted in McAfee.  I've spent more time that the pritner is worth, and I'm still getting the 'no HP devices detected' in the Solution Center so I can't scan.  The web interface does connect and I can preview a scan there, but have no option to save it anywhere, so it's of no use to me.  I do have a Linksys router, but it's very old.  I can't find anywhere in it's interface where I can exclude or permit a specific IP address.

This is definitely a Solution Center SW problem.

Honor Student
Nala
Message 7 of 8 (2,473 Views)

Hi NightOwl,

Unfortunately I can´t remember how exactly I solved it, but I solved it.

The situation now is that I installed a wireless printerserver and although sometime Vista wishes to reinstall the sofware of Solution Center where it was already installed, it works great.

Sorry that I can´t retrace all the steps but I wanted to let you know this.

Regards,

Nala

Top Student
compulady
Message 8 of 8 (1,818 Views)

Re: Networked 7310 Scanner does not work with Vista - neither does the 6310!!

I'm venting.........I too have had this same problem over & over again with my HP 6310 all-in-one. I am so thoroughly disgusted! I want to throw the printer out the window, but my insurance probably wouldn't pay. It's really not the printer, however, it's the Solution Center Software - it stinks. I have uninstalled and cleaned up and re-installed. I was getting the error where the solution center would work, but said no scanner. I uninstalled and cleaned up and re-installed and got the scanner working (yeay). Then, overnight, the printer disappeared form the printer folder, and now I get error "There are no HP Devices connected".  I think it has something to do with the "services" and I have gone through all of the instructions given for thisd error. I am at my witt's I have been through this cycle over and over again.

Does anyone know of a good HP all in one model that works well with vista?? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation