08-28-2012 04:50 PM
I am setting up a new Dell Optiplex 390, windows 7, 64 bit sp1 on the company network.
i need to setup the HP LaserJet2300dtn printer that is on our network on the new computer. When i go to add a printer and select the printer from the network, i locate the printer and click next. it tells me that it is connecting to the printer and after awhile i get the pop up saying that it could not find a driver. so i went to the HP driver website and downloaded the PCL6 driver and try to install the printer, i get the same error message, i downloaded the other two PS and PCL5 and tried to install the printer and both times i get the same message.
i can browse to the location of the INF file that is located on the C: drive of the new computer and try to install the printer that way however i get the same message... cannot location a suitable printer driver.
On my computer which is a Windows 7 SP1 and 32 bit computer i have that printer set up and i can print to it.
For ha ha's I went to another Windows 7 SP1 and 32 bit computer and I was able to install the printer and print to it.
I am assuming that the 32 bit driver is on the server and that is why i can install it on another win7 32bit computer.
Do I need to put the 64 bit driver on the print server for the installation to work on the win7 computer?
08-29-2012 04:24 PM
This is a commercial line product. For the best answer to your questions you will need to repost your question to the following links.
Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation