New HP Photosmart 6510e - error message "reinsert or lower photo tray" (2883 Views)
Student
krusema
Message 1 of 9 (2,883 Views)

New HP Photosmart 6510e - error message "reinsert or lower photo tray"

Just set up a new photosmart 6510 all in one printer.  Connected to wireless network fine but I can't print.  The error message is "reinsert or lower photo tray".  I've reinserted numerous times.  I don't think I can lower it but I have removed and reinserted.  I'm not even trying to print photos.  I'm actually trying to print normally using the lowest tray with 8 1/2 X 11 size paper.  I've turned off and on; reconnected to wireless, etc.  Any ideas on what to try next?

Thank you.

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 2 of 9 (2,854 Views)

Re: New HP Photosmart 6510e - error message "reinsert or lower photo tray"

Hello krusema

Have you tried using any of the HP Diagnostic applications? I would suggest trying the HP Print and Scan Doctor and the HP Hardware Diagnostic Utility and let me know what happens.

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
Honor Student
donaldmor
Message 3 of 9 (2,834 Views)

what is the lower print tray

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 4 of 9 (2,828 Views)

Hello donaldmor

Are you having the same problem? Please provide a little more information including if you have the same printer.

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

Student
Ingridymurray
Message 5 of 9 (2,192 Views)

Have an error message on my hp photosmart 6510 printer reinsert or lower photo tray I cant resolve it have been trying for the last hour

Thanks

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 6 of 9 (2,170 Views)

Hello Ingridmurray

Did you try running the HP Hardware Diagnostic utility? It may be able to resolve your problem. If it founds no problems or cannot resolve it try resetting the printer. Also to verify, the error message is happening on your printer's display panel?

Hardware Problems? Try the HP Hardware Diagnostic Utility

Resetting the Printer

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 7 of 9 (2,142 Views)

Hello Ingridmurray

Has the problem been resolved or are you still receiving the error?

Student
gunney
Message 8 of 9 (1,438 Views)

how do I lower photo tray

Honor Student
bgroover25
Message 9 of 9 (747 Views)

The "lower photo tray" comment was the keyword in solving the problem for me - mind you it took me a good hour to finally put two and two together.  I examined my photo tray carefully to determine how it was supposed to mechanically work and I noticed that the gray slider that you use to snug up against the left side of the photo paper was out of place.  The middle tab had popped out of it's groove, causing the photo paper to come up a little on that side, maybe a meer 2mm (hence the 'lower the tray' part).  I just popped it back down into place - and perfecto! I don't know if it's a fix for all, but if you have every had that tray tumble out or moved your printer around and/or bumped it a few times - it may be because that slider has come up and out of it's groove,  Try it!  Good luck.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation