New Officejet 4630 Does not print from my Laptop (677 Views)
Student
regutierr
Message 1 of 2 (677 Views)

New Officejet 4630 Does not print from my Laptop

[ Edited ]

I purchased an officejet 4630 and followed directions. The printer is set as a default on my laptop but does not print. I did some diagonstic testing and nothing works. I even returned the HP officejet 4630 back from where I bought it to get a new one thinking that I got a defective one but the same thing happens. When I have the see what's printing window open and print a document I do see the item in the window for a brief moment and it dissapears.. which would indicate the print out was received and printed but nothing happens. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the printer but that does not work. I have been able to print wirelessly from my ipad and iphone but I have no luck with my laptop.  Please help?

HP Support Agent
Gemini02
Message 2 of 2 (595 Views)

Re: New Officejet 4630 Does not print from my Laptop

Hi regutierr,

I understand you are unable to print over the wireless network from the computer.

Thank you for your reply.
I will be happy to help you with this.

Print a configuration page to see what  the IP address is for the printer.

Printing a Network Configuration Page.

If you have a valid IP address for the printer then try and access the embedded web server for the printer. Type the IP address into internet explorer address bar.

If it loads the printer's network page then the printer is on the network.

Power cycle the computer, printer and router.

Try printing again.

If it still won't print then I would find out what the computers IP address is.
Start, type in run, enter, type cmd type ipconfig.
Check the computers IP address.
The first 3 sets of numbers should match the first 3 sets of numbers on the printers IP address to be on the same network.

Try and ping the printer.
In the same window type ping IP address of printer. (space in between ping and the IP)
Do you get any replies back?

Then go to start, devices and printers, right click the printer, go to printer properties, select ports tab, it should be checked on TCP/IP, click configure, check the IP address to see if it matches the printer's IP address.

I would download and run the Print and Scan Doctor since it might resolve the issue automatically.

Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows.

Please let me know the results so we can figure this out.

What version of Windows is on your computer?

How to find out the version of Windows that you are using.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

Gemini02
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation