Question

Grad Student
Blanco474
Message 1 of 20 (5,281 Views)

New firmware available for Photosmart 7520 & 7525 e-All-in-One Series Printers.

HP regularly releases product updates, as well as new Web Services apps and new features to existing Web Services apps. If you enabled Web Services during software installation, your printer already receives updates automatically. However, you can still check for the latest updates using the steps in this document.
There is a new firmware update for the Photosmart 7520 and 7525 e-All-in-One Series printers.

If your unit is not connected to the web, you can still update the firmware by following the instructions in this link, then click the tab "how to install":

I am an HP employee, Printer/All-in-One Expert.
Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star. Please mark the post that solves your problem as an Accepted Solution so other forum users can utilize the solution.
Intern
Huskergma
Message 2 of 20 (3,936 Views)

Re: New firmware available for Photosmart 7520 & 7525 e-All-in-One Series Printers.

[ Edited ]

Here it is Dec 3, 2013 and this printer  is still not working as it should.

It was my understanding that HP was also working on a firmware update to fix the issue of the app's not working on this printer.  

I was told that the problem was a firmware issue, when are you going to fix it so that this printer is able to do what it should be doing with the web apps.  I can't get past the first screen on the apps and when I try to use them they continually cancel.

This was supposed to be HP's top of the line Photosmart printer as of today it's still not working - and no firmware update in sight. 

Wishing now I never would have bought it. 

Hopefully someone will get this fixed. 

Top Student
r3pek
Message 3 of 20 (3,893 Views)

Re: New firmware available for Photosmart 7520 & 7525 e-All-in-One Series Printers.

Have exactly the same problem. The webapps just cancels....

Grad Student
Blanco474
Message 4 of 20 (3,888 Views)

Hello,  Could you be more specific on the problem that you are facing? I would like to understand it so I can help you in a better way. Thank you.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star. Please mark the post that solves your problem as an Accepted Solution so other forum users can utilize the solution.
Intern
Huskergma
Message 5 of 20 (3,883 Views)

Purchased brand new HP7520 printer on 11/24/2013 from Best Buy - having issues with Web server it does not update the built in apps, nor can I use the built in apps - they do not slide from side to side as they should.  When you push on them they cancel.  When you push on get more apps, it cancels.

Have talked with HP & HP connect/cloud what ever it is...... on this they told me it was a firmware issue, spoke with Macey we agreed to wait one week and she would call me back in one week to see if it had been fixed - that week was up on Tuesday, no call from Her.  I also had received a call from Case manager Marie who said that if it wasn't fixed in a week she would send me another printer. I assumed since my printer was new that I would be getting a new printer to replace it.  That is not what I got, I got a refurbished printer that has a different product number and it has scratches on the unit.  I must say I am not pleased with HP's customer service.  

If it's a firmware problem than why hasn't it been fixed?  I am running an iMac with Maverick - I'm sure I'm not the only one that is having this issue. 

I placed a call to Marie Case Manager this afternoon - here it is 4+ hours later and I have not heard from her! 

There is another posting  that deals with HP7525 issues - if you go there you will see the same problems happening. 

It would be nice if HP would follow through with their call backs to resolve this issue.

Thanks for your help anyway.

Grad Student
Blanco474
Message 6 of 20 (3,878 Views)

Hi Huskergma, I am sorry to hear the incidents with your printer. I will be able t help you.

First, Is the issue with the apps fixed on the replaced printer?  If not, please try to follow this steps in this link to make sure the replaced unit is working fine and that there is no problem with it. 

This document describes how to set up and manage your Print Apps and Scheduled Delivery Print Apps. For more information about Print Apps and Scheduled Delivery Print Apps, see the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) in this document.  This is the LINK.  (Keep in mind that adding, removing and updating Apps should be done via Internet on a PC or MAC).

Regarding the problem with the refurbished unit, if you are not happy, please contact the HP support and with the same case ID that was provided to you, request a new unit. 

Intern
Huskergma
Message 7 of 20 (3,876 Views)

[ Edited ]

Until I hear from Marie, I am not attempting to install the replacement printer as it does not have the same product number as my new printer  and the refurbished unit has scratches on it.........so much for paying mega dollars for a new printer to get a refurbished replacement that is not the same as what I purchased.

I have a web server connection - the printer just plain and simply does not work with it.

Top Student
r3pek
Message 8 of 20 (3,866 Views)

Hi Blanco474,

I made a video that shows what the problem is: http://youtu.be/QvjJVEOdrxU

Everything else related to WebPrinting is working fine. I even setup Google Cloud Print to print to this printer, it's just the webapps that don't work.
Intern
Huskergma
Message 9 of 20 (3,861 Views)

That's exactly what my printer is doing.

I am running an iMac with Maverick 10.9 OS.

Having same issue.

Intern
Huskergma
Message 10 of 20 (3,859 Views)

Thank you for making the video, now maybe someone can see exactly what we are talking about.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation