06-29-2014 08:53 AM
Welcome to the HP Forum.
You can download and install the Full Feature Software for the printer from the printer's Support website.
General Instructions to Install the Printer Software
- In most cases, the Solution Center has been replaced by the Printer Assistant.
- The Printer Assistant shortcut will be installed on your Desktop during the last part of the installation.
- Create a Restore Point: Create a Restore Point – Win7 OR Create a restore point Win8
- Open HP Drivers & Downloads
- Enter your Printer Model information
- Select your Printer from the “Results” list
- Enter your Operating System in the Drop-down menu
- Click NEXT and Scroll down
- Look for category Driver - Product Installation Software
- Select the Basic Driver, e-print, or Full Feature Software
- Save the *.exe installation package(s) on your computer
The file(s) will likely save to the "Downloads “folder.
Be sure to look for Updates as needed for your installation.If available, you may download the Print and Scan Doctor and / or other programs from Category – Utilities.
- If you have ‘Admin’ control, you may highlight the package and “double-click” to install it, else Right-Click, Select run as Administrator and install.
- Look at the bottom half of the main webpage for your printer for helpful videos to assist with the installation of the printer software!
- Scroll the video list back and forth until you find the video that most closely matches your situation.
- USB connection: Download and install the driver software before connecting a USB cable.
- Ethernet: Connect the printer to the network and (Optional) assign the printer an IP address at the router. Once the printer is connected to the network, be sure the printer is switched on and then install the printer software.
- After the initial installation is complete and working, check / install Category - Update
There is valuable information at the printer’s website, including manuals, how-to pages, a Troubleshooting and SOLUTIONS section, and alerts and notifications for your printer. Be sure to take an extended look at what is available. Bookmark the page.
Remember: After you install the Printer Software, use the Printer Assistant shortcut on your Desktop or use your Favorite browser and the printer's IP address to access the printer through the EWS. You can set / change your wireless, assign a static IP address (network tab), check your printer's stats and more. Excellent!
Click the Kudos Thumbs-Up to show you appreciate the help and time from our Experts.
Although I strive to reflect HP's best practices, I do not work for HP.
Click Accept as Solution when the Answer is a good Fix or Workaround!
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- Setting up the All-in-One (Hardware)