Question

Honor Student
KCGOttus
Message 1 of 3 (252 Views)

Office Jet Pro 8600-print mirror image for iron-ons

I am trying to print in mirror image for t shirt transfer that were created in PowerPoint. I have searched many boards and they all say to select the "horizontal flip" function or mirror image function, neither of which exist in my printer settings, advance settings or options. 

1) I have tried flipping it in the program itself by using 3D rotation and that messes up the resolution of the graphics and text resulting in significantly horrible outputs

2) I am computer competant so no, it isn't in my settings, I promise. I just started using this one a couple months ago when my other printer went belly up. That printer did have this feature, so again, I know it isn't that I am not looking at the right dialog box(es)

Thanks!

Intern
mayeng
Message 2 of 3 (218 Views)

Re: Office Jet Pro 8600-print mirror image for iron-ons

Hi,

Unfortunately, the mirror feature is no longer available on the Officejet Pro 8600 SW.

What you can do is to do the flipping on the powerpoint side by following the steps below:

1. Click on the picture you want to flip on Powerpoint
  2. On the toolbars above, under Picture Tools, Select Format
  3. Select the Rotate->Flip Horizontal option.

I am using MS Office 2010, so if your Office version is different, the steps may be different than the above.  If you could let me know your Office version, I can try to help.

I work for HP.
Honor Student
KCGOttus
Message 3 of 3 (214 Views)

Re: Office Jet Pro 8600-print mirror image for iron-ons

Yes thank you I have tried that but unfortunately it makes the image blurry and darker. I guess it is showing "the other side?" Guess lesson learned. No more HP printers for me when this one goes which I am sure it will because they are crappy and barely last a year with normal home printing. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation