Question

Honor Student
ceemac
Message 1 of 5 (139 Views)

OfficeJet 4215 and new computer with windows 8 not working

[ Edited ]

I just got a new computer that has Windows 8.1.  I connected the all in one printer via a USB cable directly to it.  I went to the HP site and downloaded new drivers.  The print and copy are working, but the scan is not.  The HP Medic says there is no scan driver and no HP Solutions Center on the PC.  I have the original installation disks, but they don't work because Windows 8 is not a recognized OS.  So I'm going round and round here.

How can I install the HP Solutions Center software on my pc when my installation disks don't work?  Or at the very least, how can I get a driver to be able to use the scan feature?

I have unplugged the printer from the pc and from the outlet, and waited.  I've plugged them back in and restarted the computer.  And have tried different variations on this and the order when it didn't work.  

When I do try to scan (by putting a document in the feeder and hitting scan) the printers little screen says No Scan Options.  YOu need to install or run device software...

Thanks.

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 5 (130 Views)

Re: OfficeJet 4215 and new computer with windows 8 not working

Hi,

Which file did you download and where did you download from ? No support for Windows 7, Windows 8 and 8.1 as shown:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4132&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=3511...

Probaly the system could find a suitable BASIC driver for you to print (no need driver for copy). No software, no scan driver.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
ceemac
Message 3 of 5 (125 Views)

Thanks for responding so quickly.

It was that page you linked that I downloaded from. I guess when I downloaded the Hp install wizard, it sounded like I was getting what was necessary for a windows 8 user to get the printer to work. Is that not true then? So the 4215 does not work on windows 8? There is no way to get the scan function working? I wish it would just come out directly and say it then.

This is what it does say: The HP Printer Install Wizard for Windows was created to help Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1 users download and install the latest and most appropriate HP software solution for their HP Printer.

Simply run the tool and follow the on-screen instructions.
Provost
ShlomiL
Message 4 of 5 (120 Views)

Hi,

While Full Functionality is not available, including applications such as the HP Solution Center or HP Scan, you may still get basic scan functionality by using the tools integrated within the OS.

You may scan using Windows Scan and Fax or Paint as listed below:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03511920&tmp_task=useCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=e...

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Honor Student
ceemac
Message 5 of 5 (106 Views)

I'll give that a try. Thanks.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation