Question

Top Student
yrefanid
Message 1 of 2 (15,277 Views)

OfficeJet 4500 Windows 7 64bit driver problem

The (supposed to be) drivers of OfficeJet 4500 for Windows 7 64 bit cannot be installed. It seems that they are rejected by Windows because they are 32 bit. The same happens with the drivers of OfficeJet J4500. However, for the latter printer, there are inbuilt drivers in Windows 7 pro, so you can use them for the printer, but not for the scanner... (which still does not work).

I tried on two machines (both Windows 7 Pro 64 bits).

Any help?

Top Student
yrefanid
Message 2 of 2 (15,257 Views)

Re: OfficeJet 4500 Windows 7 64bit driver problem

I managed to solve the problem,i.e., install OfficeJet 4500a on Windows 7 64 bit.

The problem had been caused  because I connected the printer before installing the drivers. The problem could not be resolved by using the scrubber to remove the driver. So, I reinstall Windows 7 (hopefully it was a new installation) and, after the windows updates, I tried to install the driver (without having connected the printer) and it was successful!

I also tried to install  the driver on another WIn7 64 bit machine, which was full of software, so reinstall Windows was not an option. It worked again, i.e., first install the driver and then connect the printer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation