09-01-2010 12:46 PM
The (supposed to be) drivers of OfficeJet 4500 for Windows 7 64 bit cannot be installed. It seems that they are rejected by Windows because they are 32 bit. The same happens with the drivers of OfficeJet J4500. However, for the latter printer, there are inbuilt drivers in Windows 7 pro, so you can use them for the printer, but not for the scanner... (which still does not work).
I tried on two machines (both Windows 7 Pro 64 bits).
09-03-2010 12:50 AM
I managed to solve the problem,i.e., install OfficeJet 4500a on Windows 7 64 bit.
The problem had been caused because I connected the printer before installing the drivers. The problem could not be resolved by using the scrubber to remove the driver. So, I reinstall Windows 7 (hopefully it was a new installation) and, after the windows updates, I tried to install the driver (without having connected the printer) and it was successful!
I also tried to install the driver on another WIn7 64 bit machine, which was full of software, so reinstall Windows was not an option. It worked again, i.e., first install the driver and then connect the printer.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation