Question

Top Student
cycleslug
Message 1 of 3 (393 Views)
Accepted Solution

OfficeJet 4500 wireless Win8.1 Pro 64-bit driver install

[ Edited ]

I can't seem to get the installation program to recognize my printer.  I can print find with the Win8.1 drivers but I tried to install the HP drivers and I'm getting stuck at the driver software trying to connect to the printer.  It tells me to hook it up via USB or a wired ethernet connection. (it gives me no option for wireless, it's already connected to my router and I can print fine with the WIn8 driver).   I connect the USB cable and it doesn't seem to find the printer still. I get no error or error code, it just wont find my printer. I tried turning the wireless off and restarting it, no dice.

I can't start HP Solution Center because it can't finish the driver setup.  I've tried to also dl the "hppiw.exe" auto detector and it just tried to download the same driver file that I dl'ed initially. 

I also tried once the software was installed the "Add a Device Officeet 4" program and it basically stops at the same spot. Makes me choose between USB or Wired Ethernet.   I can't do wired cause it's a wireless only printer and the USB option never works... When I hook it up, it doesn't see it still..

Jay

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 2 of 3 (383 Views)

Re: OfficeJet 4500 wireless Win8.1 Pro 64-bit driver install

Hi,

More likely you wrongly use the wrong driver, the one intended for the Officejet 4500 (G510) driver and therefore the printer cannot be located.

Turn the printer On, connect it to your PC and follow the HP Printer Install Wizard tool below:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-122330-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

That should remove any existing instance from the previous install attemp and get the correct driver for your printer.

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Top Student
cycleslug
Message 3 of 3 (380 Views)

Re: OfficeJet 4500 wireless Win8.1 Pro 64-bit driver install

[ Edited ]

Ive tried that already. First I tried the following download from HP :

OJ_AIO_4500_G510g-m_Full_Win_WW_140_408.exe

Then when that gave me the problem stated above, I did some searching here and found that file (hppiw.exe) that I also tried and it tries to download the same exact file.

[EDIT} OK, Different day, I tried the above and it downloaded a second copy of hppiw.exe and I reran the second copy. This time it worked, it let me select either USB or wireless (as it should) and the rest of the insallation went OK.  Maybe when I ran hppiw the first time, it "found" the wrong driver and tried to install it.

Jay

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation