OfficeJet 7000 (Wide Format) 809a (2450 Views)
Honor Student
Calvinthesneak
Message 1 of 6 (2,450 Views)

OfficeJet 7000 (Wide Format) 809a

[ Edited ]

Alright, I'm fairly tech savy, but this one has gotten me stumped.  Programming student so it's not as though I'm unfamiliar with device drivers and such things.

The display panel on my printer is displaying all 4 ink lights the resume light and the power light at very high speed in unison.

The display looks like so (the lights indicated by red lines)

c01763343.gif

I tried turning power off and unplugging from the wall for 5 minutes and then plugged it back in, it starts up in the same fashion immediately with 6 rapidly blinking lights.

I've tried holding power button then pressing and holding the cancel button for 10 seconds, it made the resume light alone flash in a slower fashion, but soon as I powered down and back up, same as previous, 6 rapidly blinking lights.

As a last resort I dissasembled the printer to get at the cartrige since I could not physically move the print head, and installed new cartriges, then put the printer back together.  No luck there, lights still blinking.

I am about out of ideas to try and I've been at this all day.  I will put the thing in the recycling pile if no one has any suggestions, just dissapointing for a printer that is less than a year old.

As a note I am unable to interact with the printer through any web based interface, be it USB or Ethernet.  Both tell me that I am unable to establish two way communication with the device.

Honor Student
Calvinthesneak
Message 2 of 6 (2,421 Views)

Re: OfficeJet 7000 (Wide Format) 809a

[ Edited ]

I've tried on a windows xp(home) 32 bit machine and a windows 7(pro) 64 bit machine.  If any other information is needed please let me know.

Honor Student
Calvinthesneak
Message 3 of 6 (2,389 Views)

Anyone have any suggestions?  is there anything like a factory reset combination of buttons?

Tutor
bedok
Message 4 of 6 (2,260 Views)

Hi

Please try methods below to resolve the problem,

Methods I -

(for more information, please also see the Blinking Lights guides

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01763231&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=3883002)

1. Press the Power button to turn off the product.                                                                                                                                             NOTE: The product might not turn off after pressing the Power button. Continue to the next step regardless
  2. Disconnect the power cord from the back of the product.
  3. Disconnect the power cord from the electrical outlet.
  4. Wait 60 seconds.
  5. Reconnect the power cord to the electrical outlet.
  6. Reconnect the power cord to the back of the product.
  7. Press the Power button to turn on the product

Methods II -

Clean the electrical contacts of catridges

please see Step eight: Clean the electrical contacts

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01754977&tmp_task=solveCategory&lc=en&dlc=en&cc...)

If the above could not solve your problem, you may wish to contact HP at 1-800-474-6836

Regards,

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

***Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left***

**Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.**

= == = == = == = == = == = == = == = == = == = == = == = == = == = ==
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Kudos! If you feel my post has helped you please click the White Kudos! Star just below my name..

If you feel my answer has fixed your problem please click 'Mark As Solution' and make it easier for others to find help quickly ^!^
Student
dugby
Message 5 of 6 (1,565 Views)

I'm having the same problem.  Did you ever find a solution?

Student
NumairSyed
Message 6 of 6 (535 Views)

HI all, i read this post according to my experience your carriage cables or mother board is out of order

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation