Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I just installed a black ink cartridge in my Officejet 4500 G510n-z and the printer is now stuck on "Aligning page.Please Wait!". I reset the printer once already (disconnected the power for a few seconds) and it's doing the same thing now...been waiting about 10 minutes now.

How long is the cartridge alignement supposed to take? I would of imaged it should take less than a minute....or a couple of minutes at most...at least I don't remember it taking this long when I installed the printer initially.

I installed the cartridge correctly as far as I could tell and I loaded plain printer paper in the tray. The cartrige is an original HP 901, nothing "aftermarket".

I'm not sure what else I could do or what the issue is.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I'm not sure if this is a "real" solution but I removed and re-installed the 2 cartridges, reset the printer again and printing worked afterwords even though it didn't start the alignment process again.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

I'm not sure if this is a "real" solution but I removed and re-installed the 2 cartridges, reset the printer again and printing worked afterwords even though it didn't start the alignment process again.

HP Recommended
When does this happen? Did the printer pull in a piece of paper and start printing? Did the page finish printing?
**Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

the printer stops with "starting Print,  message in window , this is to print the alignment page I have yet to see an alignment page print , so... cannot continue alignment , and am not able to scan, copy or fax ?

HP Recommended

Hi Hstack,

I understand you're having a few issues with your Officejet 4500 printer. I will certainly do my best to assist you with these issues.

From what you've described you could be having two different issues so I will do my best to cover both. To help resolve the issue with the alignment I would suggest following the steps in this Alignment Page Does Not Print document. Hopefully after this the alignment page will print and you'll be able to use the printer again.

You've also said you're not able to scan, copy or fax. If this is an error message you're seeing then you follow this Scanner Failure document for assistance with that error.

Hope this helps, have a great day!

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to thank me for responding! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I have tried every alignment fix, cleaned the cartridges, nothing seems to fix the alignment failure issues. Have two authentic HP cartridges which are brand new. Still cannot print a document in black, grayscale or color. What is the issue? So frustrated that I am ready to throw this **##*(* pirnter in to the middle of the highway. HP not the quality is used to be. Need to know what other options/fixes are out there. Reset does not work either.....................

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.