Officejet 4500 scan settings (65085 Views)
Top Student
SylviaCaras
Message 1 of 18 (65,085 Views)
Accepted Solution

Officejet 4500 scan settings

Windows 7, Officejet 4500, HP TouchSmart

I'm confused about the scan settings that show in the machine window/menu.  I've tried to change them using the software and then get asked about naming and saving shortcuts.  Where will those shortcuts appear and what kinds of naming structure will be easy?

This system is all new and it's taking me a while to get used to.  The Officejet is working nicely and I don't yet have the settings optimized.

I'd like to be able to chose and start the scan from the console not the computer.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Sylvia

Grad Student
dqmcg
Message 2 of 18 (65,070 Views)

Re: Officejet 4500 scan settings

Here is a link to documents that should assist you with scanning from both PC as well as the printer front panel.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02453257&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=3919449&tmp...

Dave M.
Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution.
I am an HP employee.
Top Student
SylviaCaras
Message 3 of 18 (65,033 Views)

Thanks for the link.

"To get started, click Settings , click Scan Settings , click Button Settings , and then click the tab for Front Panel Scan Buttons . Read through the options, and then create the settings that you want."

When I do this, I'm asked to rename and save and what I don't understand is where those names will appear and where those settings will be saved, so I'm not clear how to name them - short for hardware window, long for easier hard drive recognition, ...

Sylvia

Grad Student
dqmcg
Message 4 of 18 (65,017 Views)

Setting up shortcuts will not appear on the printer only in the HP software. This allows you to predefine scanning options that you like to use and then give it a name and create it as a shortcut on the left side of the screen. So when you want to scan several pictures in a specific manner instead of having to go through the configuration each and every time you can simply click on the shortcut you created. As far as the Front Panel of the printer is concerned you need to select the settings each time you scan using the panel of the printer.

Dave M.
Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution.
I am an HP employee.
Student
faraznaqvi
Message 5 of 18 (52,596 Views)

Hi,

I'm having some problems with my office jet 4500. I need to scan documents (often up to twenty pages) which are black and white text with handwritten comments. A 20 page documents often creates a PDF in excess of 20 mb. I would however expect this to be no greater than 2 mb. When I reduce the quality settings (below 118 pixels/cm) the scan does not come out clearly.

Please could you let me know exactly what the settings should be for me to get an optimised quality vs file size.

Thanks

Faraz

Honor Student
michaellacrosse
Message 6 of 18 (51,769 Views)

I'm having the same issue...my scans are far too big in size for me to email them easily.  Please advise on how I can change the settings to make them more manageable.  Thanks!

Michael

Student
las24
Message 7 of 18 (47,831 Views)

how do I scan so I can send it in a Email

Student
bikenbone
Message 8 of 18 (45,876 Views)

how do I scan so I can send it in an email
Student
tyneisha1995
Message 9 of 18 (45,632 Views)

SylviaCaras wrote:

Windows 7, Officejet 4500, HP TouchSmart

I'm confused about the scan settings that show in the machine window/menu.  I've tried to change them using the software and then get asked about naming and saving shortcuts.  Where will those shortcuts appear and what kinds of naming structure will be easy?

This system is all new and it's taking me a while to get used to.  The Officejet is working nicely and I don't yet have the settings optimized.

I'd like to be able to chose and start the scan from the console not the computer.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Sylvia

have you tried rebooting it up

Student
Message 10 of 18 (41,790 Views)

Can Iscan with an HP Officejet J4500?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation