12-06-2013 06:56 PM
The problem with the officejet 4630 not printing from your computer has not been solved. I have tried three different 4630 printers and they all have the same problem; not printing from computer. However, the copy, scan, and eprint functions work just fine. I worked with HP tech support for two weeks with no success and they even escalated the problem. However they could not find a solution to the problem. If anyone has any other ideas, then please let me know. Also, unplugging and plugging the USB cable does not work either.
02-17-2014 01:14 PM
If your laptop is running vista. Try installing a new printer from the pinters window, pick local, then chose the hp 990c, it worked for me. The tech support guy suggested it, and he said it was a generic driver, not really a good answere. i thing the 6430 drivers do not work in vista
02-18-2014 11:59 AM
I am running Windows 7. However, since I never could get a resolution to the problem, I purchased another manufacturer's printer with the same features of the 4630. So I am printing now.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- Setting up the All-in-One (Hardware)