Question

Honor Student
LMiller
Message 1 of 4 (221 Views)

Officejet 4630 Not Printing From Laptop

The problem with the officejet 4630 not printing from your computer has not been solved. I have tried three different 4630 printers and they all have the same problem; not printing from computer. However, the copy, scan, and eprint functions work just fine. I worked with HP tech support for two weeks with no success and they even escalated the problem. However they could not find a solution to the problem. If anyone has any other ideas, then please let me know. Also, unplugging and plugging the USB cable does not work either. 

Honor Student
DamonH
Message 2 of 4 (153 Views)

Re: Officejet 4630 Not Printing From Laptop

If your laptop is running vista. Try installing a new printer from the pinters window, pick local, then chose the hp 990c, it worked for me. The tech support guy suggested it, and he said it was a generic driver, not really a good answere. i thing the 6430 drivers do not work in vista

Honor Student
LMiller
Message 3 of 4 (148 Views)

I am running Windows 7.  However, since I never could get a resolution to the problem, I purchased another manufacturer's printer with the same features of the 4630. So I am printing now.

Honor Student
DamonH
Message 4 of 4 (145 Views)

Sad that you had to get another printer. but that is the beauty of competition.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation