Question

Student
elemengee
Message 1 of 6 (23,955 Views)

Officejet 5610 All in One - No Scan Option

I recently reinstalled the printer software from my CD and the printer appears to be working fine.  I had no occasion to scan after reinstallation until today.  When I attempted to scan I received a message "No scan option."  I have been trying to correct problem by using the HP diagnostic and it found no problems.  I tried to reinstall the HP software and thought it installed correctly; however, the instructions for installing instructed me to locate the installed folder, which should be in "C:\temp\HP_WebRelease."  I cannot find such a folder.  What do I do now?  Thanks

Teacher
Sara_7
Message 2 of 6 (23,908 Views)

Re: Officejet 5610 All in One - No Scan Option

Hi,

Check the link below for the solution for No scan options.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02450835&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_R1002_US...

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Student
yilong
Message 3 of 6 (11,362 Views)

Hi 

I have tried all the solutions, but still doesn't work. I think that the unsolved problem is I am using the network shared officejet office 5610 all in one scanner, instead of local scanner. I would like to ask if I choose to use the computer which is local scanner to try these solutions, do you think will be working?

Regents Professor
UniProg
Message 4 of 6 (11,237 Views)

Hello yilong,

What does it do, when you try to scan?  Have you downloaded and tried the HP Print & Scan Doctor?

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Honor Student
Ravi_kalra
Message 5 of 6 (8,306 Views)

officejet 5610 all in one -no scan option

HP Support Agent
HevnLgh
Message 6 of 6 (8,265 Views)

Hi Ravi_kalra,

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your scanning option. Can you please let me know which Operating system you are running? Also I would like you to download and install the HP Print and Scan Doctor, it was designed by HP to provide users with the troubleshooting and problem solving features needed to resolve many common problems experienced with HP print and scan products connected to Windows-based computers.

Let me know the outcome once you run the PSDR, I hope to hear from you soon.

I got this informative information from www.hp.com

Thanks,

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HevnlghHelP
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation