Question

Student
mg67
Message 1 of 1 (1,004 Views)

Officejet 5610 Printer Says No Connection To The Computer

Hello, About a month ago, I unplugged my printer using Remove Hardware Safely making sure this time. I've had my printer and pc for a few years. I first installed my 5610  on my Dell xp3 home version 3 years ago. I unplugged it once for cleaning and had to re-run the disc and everything worked fine. I haven't changed my firewall settings(Windows Firewall). I switched from Avast to Avira 2 weeks ago. Last week starting on the 15th I've sent 20 some emails to support and have been given a slew of solutions and nothing has worked. I don't know what to do next. This was my last message from them,...I regret to inform you that I am unable to track your previous interactions, hence I request  you to get back with the service ticket number. 20 emails and the # was lost,:smileyindifferent:

I've been asked for how much disc space I have and all kinds of questions and solutions that failed. It's not a new install. It's been on my pc, I got the error message and wanted to get an answer. Do I not need the disc for re-installing? I was given a download to use instead of the disc???:robotsurprised:

I first need to know what steps to take to clean up all the attempts of the re-install instructions. I've never had a problem like this before. I've un-installed all the HP programs and there's still a bunch of files. I have Windows Install Clean-Up installed. I guess they wanted me to download it. What do I remove in the WIC-U? I'm quite fed up at this point. I need my printer. Is there any *REAL* help here? I'd appreciate it. I don't know what to try next. 5 days and still no answer. It's about ridiculous. TY

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation