Officejet 6000 Wireless - Published drivers don't work with Windows 7 64 bit (113 Views)
Honor Student
CandiMM
Message 1 of 4 (113 Views)

Officejet 6000 Wireless - Published drivers don't work with Windows 7 64 bit

I got a new laptop, HP 4540s, which is a Windows 7 64 bit machine--I downloaded the drivers from the HP site that say they are for this configuration, but when I attempt to install them I get an error message saying that they are not compatible with my OS--

Upon looking a little further, it looks as if HP is showing the same drivers for 32 bit and 64 bit systems--They list

OJ6000vE609_Full_14.exe [1/1, 226.14M] as the driver for the full installation for both 32 & 64 bit--

Wondering what I can do as I really don't want to have to get another printer--

Does anyone have any suggestions?--Thanks much for any help anyone can offer--C

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 2 of 4 (94 Views)

Re: Officejet 6000 Wireless - Published drivers don't work with Windows 7 64 bit

How are you trying to connect the printer to the computer?

If via wireless, is the printer still on the wireless network?

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Honor Student
CandiMM
Message 3 of 4 (73 Views)

Re: Officejet 6000 Wireless - Published drivers don't work with Windows 7 64 bit

I'm trying to connect wirelessly since that was the whole reason I bought this printer in the first place --

I don't know what you mean by "is the printer still on the wireless network?" -- I have a brand new HP laptop and a brand new Cisco router -- I'm trying to load the driver per instructions, but as soon as I begin the installation process, I get a pop-up that says that the driver is not compatible with a 64-bit system despite the fact that that's what I selected to download from the HP site (and HP is showing the same driver for both 32- and 64-bit) --

I engaged in a lengthy online chat with an HP support chat person who just kept telling me to try installing the same driver over and over until I was so frustrated I wanted to throw the whole thing out the window --

Incicentely, it does show up as the default printer in my settings, it just won't print wirelessly -- So I'm presently stuck with having to pull the printer out into the room and extend a long USB cable to the laptop whenever I need to print, which is exceedingly inconvenient and defeats the purpose of having purchased a "wireless" printer --

I just want to be able to print wirelessly as I did with my old laptop --

Any help would be appreciated --

C

Master's Graduate
JonW
Message 4 of 4 (69 Views)

I have an idea.

Have you tried doing an Add new printer from Devices and Printers, computer will then try to find the printer on the network.

If this sounds difficult message me back and I will try and give you some more complete instructions.

JonW

JonW

I work for HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation