Question

Honor Student
1hpoffice
Message 1 of 6 (1,611 Views)

Officejet 6210 With Windows 7

The printer driver/software is not yet available on the HP website. Need the scan feature. Will it ever be available and if so when? If not, does the driver for Vista work?

Intern
Exploit109
Message 2 of 6 (1,592 Views)

Re: Officejet 6210 With Windows 7

for windows 7, it does not have any drivers yet.. no news for any available drivers yet.. but you can still use the scanning with your printer using a 3rd party software like Microsoft Paint or any other scanning software.. it would still work.. and for windows vista you can download the printing and scanning software over the net..

Student
bobhaist
Message 3 of 6 (1,403 Views)

I have been using my 6210 All-in-one with XP for several years.

I understand that there are no fully compatible drivers for Officejet 6210All-in-One" in "Windows 7".  I have Win 7 professional and xp mode.  Can the HP Director be fully installed and operate in "XP Mode" of Office 7?

Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 4 of 6 (1,400 Views)

Good question. I'm not sure of HP themselves have tested their older range of printers on Win XP Mode for full compatibility. I've never tried it personally myself too, though I have used Win XP Mode on my Win 7 PC. You could give it a try and see what happens. If possible, I'll try to install one myself and see what the outcome is. This may take time though, so don't wait up.

----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Student
glennj6556
Message 5 of 6 (1,181 Views)

I am no professional, but I have the Officejet 6210 and Windows 7. I use Windows Fax and Scan for scanning. Click on Start>All Programs and you will find it.

Top Student
vasugwk
Message 6 of 6 (1,179 Views)

Try scanning using Paint application.

1. Click Windows/start icon

2. Click All Programs.

3. Click Accessories.

4. Click Paint.

5. Click File and then click From Scanner or Camera.

6. Click Scan

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation