Question

Honor Student
wgsmith999
Message 1 of 3 (260 Views)

Officejet 6700 not compatible to Windows 7 and Windows VIsta compatability mode does not work!

I tried the suggestions that worked for someone with the same OS (Windows 7) and the same HP copier purchased from Costco (HP Officejet 6700. I tried to go into the CD installation files and download the Windows Vista Compatibility mode and it came back with  the same error message a couple of times. Does anyone have any suggestions what to try next? Thanks!

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 3 (254 Views)

Re: Officejet 6700 not compatible to Windows 7 and Windows VIsta compatability mode does not work!

Hi,

Why you have to use compatible mode when you can download driver and full feature from the following link ?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4062&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=5058...

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
wgsmith999
Message 3 of 3 (240 Views)

Re: Officejet 6700 not compatible to Windows 7 and Windows VIsta compatability mode does not work!

When I download the drivers for (Windows 7 64 bit) online I get the same error message as I do using the CD that the software cannot be installed. When I choose the online help it comes back with no solution. Others have had this problem with the same printer/OS but their solutions have not helped me. I will attempt to get help from HP.

Thanks for your help!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation