Question

Honor Student
ejms101
Message 1 of 2 (1,812 Views)

Officejet 9110 with USB connection and windows 7 ?

I have had a look at the different software drivers for the above Officejet and can only get the basic Windows version to work.  I have downloaded the PCL5/6 % PSC but cannot get the USB connection to work.  I have looked at the troubleshooting but cannot see any obvious solution.  I mainly used Windows XP with this so with just the basic Windows driver/software I lose most of the better features.

Student
jeffwilson
Message 2 of 2 (1,800 Views)

Re: Officejet 9110 with USB connection and windows 7 ?

Content starts here
   Create a new message   Receive e-mail notification if a new reply is posted Reply to this message

AuthorSubject: Officejet 9110 scanner does not work      Add to my favorites This thread has been closed
Vering
Dec 19, 2004 15:27:43 GMT  

I installed my 9100 on USB - all was fine. Then suddenly the scanner could not find the application. I desinstalled and reinstalled the SW - the scanner was not there and the HP director does not even show the scanner. Any ideas what else to do?

Thanks in advance from Germany...
Note: If you are the author of this question and wish to assign points to any of the answers, please login first.For more information on assigning points ,click here

Sort Answers By: Date or Points
SubbaRao
Dec 25, 2004 00:58:37 GMT    Unassigned

Hi Vering,

Before going to issue, I wish you Merry Christmas!!!

Regarding the issue, the issue may be with the HP software or with communication i,e., USB.

Print feature uses one way communication where as scan uses two way communication. For this reason, if we have any issues with communication i.e, either with USB cable or USB ports we will face issues with scan feature.

To isolate the issue, try to scan from the operating system.

If you are using Windows XP as operating system follow the steps given below to scan from operating system:

1. Verify that the all-in-one product power is turned on and the printer cable is properly connected.
2. Click Start.
3. Click All Programs.
4. Click Accessories.
5. Click Scanner and Camera Wizard.
6. Follow the Scanner and Camera Wizard instructions to scan images to the computer.

If scan is working, then the issue may be with the HP software. To resolve the issue, uninstall and reinstall the HP software.

For instructions, visit the following web site:

If scan is not working, then the issue may be with the communication. To resolve the issue, reinstall USB ports.

To reinstall the USB ports, you should first uninstall the ports and
then reinstall them. Perform these steps to uninstall the USB ports:
1. Save and close all programs that are currently running.
2. Click Start, select Shut Down, and choose Restart the computer.
3. Press the F8 function key or the Ctrl key while startup.
This will display the Windows Startup menu.
4. Select option 3 to load Windows in Safe mode.
5. After Windows loads in Safe mode, right-click the My Computer
icon and select Properties.

=== In Windows 98/ ME ===

6. Select the Device Manager tab and double-click the Universal
Serial Bus controllers.
7. Select a device listed under Universal Serial Bus controller and
click the Remove button.
8. Click Yes to confirm the removal of the device.

NOTE: Repeat steps 7 and 8 until all the devices under
Universal Serial Bus Controller are removed.

9. Click OK.

=== In Windows XP ===

6. Select the Hardware tab and click the Device Manager button.
7. In the Device Manager Window, double-click the Universal Serial
Bus controllers.
8. Right-click the device listed under Universal Serial Bus controller
and select Uninstall.
9. Click OK to confirm the removal of the device.

NOTE: Repeat steps 8 and 9 until all the devices under
Universal Serial Bus Controller are removed.

The USB port is now uninstalled. Now, restart the system. The system automatically detects and reinstalls the USB port.

I am sure the above steps should resolve the issue. Revert back if u need further clarifications

Regards,

Subbarao.P
(points Appreciated !!!)
Vering
Dec 26, 2004 01:28:39 GMT   Thread closed by author  

Thanks. Merry Christmas and a happy New Year...

Just to add one hint, that I got from the HP online chat: There are two hidden uninstall support programs on the install CD:

SETUP/CORE/SETUP/SCRUBBER.EXE
UTILS/SCRUBBERSCRUB9x

With you support and the help from HP I was (finally) able to solve the problem. The reason for the problem was a previous installed HP T65 all-in-one that created a SW conflict with my new HP9100.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation