Question

Honor Student
GnirpsNevets
Message 1 of 4 (520 Views)
Accepted Solution

Officejet J6480 Error Message

The other day, I started getting the following error message on my Officejet J6480 printer whenever turning it on;  Solution Center: Please wait while Windows configures Solution Center.  After hitting cancel, I then get the following error message; The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-Rom or other removable disk that is not available.  After hitting cancel, I then get the following error message; An installation package for the product Solution Center cannot be found.  Try the installation again using a valid copy of the installation package "Solution Center."  Again, I hit cancel and am able to use the printer.

After getting these messages every time I turned on the printer, I finally uninstalled and reinstalled the printer software.  This worked for 2 days and I once again get these same error messages every time I turn on the printer. 

What can be causing these error messages?  Other than uninstalling and reinstalling the software, is there something I can do to fix the problem and ensure that it doesn't happen again?

Thanks!!! Steven

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 2 of 4 (511 Views)

Re: Officejet J6480 Error Message

Hi Steven,

Please try the following steps and let me know if that helps:

1. Insert the printer installation disk or browse the installation folder if you installed the software from the web.
    You may find the installation folder by going to Start > Run, then type %temp% (Windows XP or Vista) or searching for %temp% within the Windows 7 Start menu search box.
  2. Locate the HP installation folder, which will start with the 7Z characters.
  3. Enter the Setup folder.
  4. Enter the SolutionCenter folder.
  5. Locate the SolutionCenter.msi file (can be easily identified by its different icon)
  6. Right click this file and then click Repair
  7. Confirm any alert or any error message and reboot the PC.
  8. Now try launching the HP Solution center again and check fo any change.

Regards,

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Student
GP12015
Message 3 of 4 (339 Views)

Hi Shlomi:

I'm suddenly getting the same error message, I unintalled my solution center and reinstalled but still having same issue.

I went through the step you suggested below (running XP) and I found the 7Z folder but there was not setup folder.

I found the solution center folder on my CD but when I opened it, I clicked on the "different" solution center icon and it give me message with error code of 2732.

Help, I need to scan with my officejet and now I can't.

thanks

Jeff

Regents Professor
lions99
Message 4 of 4 (333 Views)

Here are the steps for having the CD if you cannot access a certain folder within the 7z folder. 

1. Insert CD into drive, and then cancel the installer

2. Open My Computer, and then right click on the CD drive and chose open

3. Open folder Util

4. Open folder CCC

5. Run the uninstall_ L4.bat for non-HP computers.  For HP computers run the Uninstall_L3.bat

6. When the uninstall has completed restart the computer

7. Run Disk cleanup from Accessories\ System Tools

8. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player

9. Use this tool to clean the registry.  Note: This utility is not HP sponsored or approved.  HP and I are not responsible for damages or loss of data caused by the utility.  This step is optional.   You can skip it if you want.

11. Run the download to reinstall the printer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation