11-02-2009 05:24 PM
Officejet Pro 8500 Not Compatible Microsoft Office
The printer I was replacing was a HP Deskjet 5850. This printer worked great and I could successfully print an envelope for our business.
Once upgrading the printer to an Officejet Pro 8500, I could no longer print an envelope.
The entire left hand side of my envelope is cut off.
Called HP who blamed Microsoft. Called Microsoft who blamed HP. Funny thing is, that my print preview for Adobe Acrobat Pro also shows the envelope being cut off... so I doubt anyone other than HP could be responsible for this.
Enough bs... Erased and reformatted hard drive. Installed driver from HPs website (not the cd that came with the printer). Installed office. Still having problems.
11-06-2009 09:41 AM
I do know that often times it is a setting within the application. Make sure your envelope settings in the application are the same size as the envelope you are printing on. The default size is usually size 10 (4 1/8 x 9 1/2 in) .
In Word Processors, you can usually change how far the return address is from the left edge of the envelope. Increasing the distance from the left edge could correct this issue.
Placing spaces before each address line is entered usually corrects this too. Usually 4 or 5 spaces does it but it could be more depending on how many characters are being cut off.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- Setting up the All-in-One (Hardware)