Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Yeah.  My wife stopped using this shortly after we received the replacement heads.   If you just let the printer sit for more than a few days without use, there is invariably one of the colours that won't come-out right.  You can easily use half a print cartridge and a small stack to get things right.  I find it is actually neccessary to litterally pull out the cartridges and clean them by hand as well...   She found it was just too much effort.  So now the printer has just been gathering dust for more than a year.   Next time she has a major project that requires printing, I'll buy her a colour laser.   The quality might not be as high, but it is infinitely more consistent, and much less maintence.

HP Recommended

Take the advice of others in this thread.  Dump the printer, and don't look back.

HP Recommended

After changing Color Inks, Printer gives "Print Alignment Error" Any suggestions?

HP Recommended

I determined after the same problem that the printer is not designed properly and that the odds of getting printheads and a printer that will work together are very small. The only solution was to return the printer. HP normally has fine products and indeed I returned it for a HP Photosmart Premium C410a. This printer has teh same features expect it uses fixed printheads - you only replace ink as needed. The big difference is this printer works and is designed properly. I believe the problem with the 8500 is manufacturing tolerances i.e. if you're lucky you'll get printheads that work, but probably won'. I had same problems with cyan etc. It is just a lemon, but the HP C410a is great as is the HP Photosmart 7510 which is newer - nice touch screen.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your suggestion. I have replaced ink cartridges in this printer before and did not have any problems going through the alignment procedures. This may be a hardware problem but definitely show a lacking in the firmware. It tells you to refer to documents but doesn't specify where it could be found. I've looked in the docs that came with the printer  as well as the CD but there's more foreign references in it than english. I think it may be best to just trash the printer and get another more reliable one. I need an MFP for my work. HP makes good printers but this OJP 8500 A909g is junk! I would never recommend it.

HP Recommended

OMG  THANK YOU !  THANK YOU !   We have been struggling with this for a month now.. And this WORKED the first time !:smileylol:

Who would have thought that something so simple would have cured the problem..

Thank you again !

HP Recommended
I should have mentioned that I went in through tools on the printer and did the alignment from there.. Nothing else worked.. !!
HP Recommended

@AndysGal, please check your private message inbox. 

HP Recommended

I had the same problem and tried many ideas. I am an electrical engineer and my best guess is that the manufacturing tolerances are not good enough. This means you may get lucky and get a pair of printheads that work with your unit but most likely not. I returned mine. The printhead idea is flawed anyway since it assumes you are in a high volume production unit and might wear printheads out - most people of this level printer don't need replaceable printheads. I bought the HP Photosmart 7510 (no replaceable printheads) and it is an excellent wireless printer at a great price point. Return the dud 8500 and exchange for this one.

HP Recommended

Not printing a color is associated with the printheads. See my last post, this printer will never be able to be calibrated consistently - it is a dud.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.