Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Will not print in black

HP Recommended

I have worked for four months trying to get this printer to align, changing all the catridges, etc.  

HP Recommended

When I first assembled the Officejet Pro 8500 with factory ink, it worked fine.  Once the cartridges ran out of ink, it never printed correctly again.

Now its useless, and I have purchased eight cartridges (which are not cheap) and talked to customer support.

This printer is nothing but junk.

Very dissatisfied!!

HP Recommended

I have same problem.  Plus all the others on this screen.

HP Recommended

Hi, 

My 8500 is suffering the same symptoms.

After 1967 prints, prints are faded, won't print black anymore, diagnostic page is all pink.

I believe the printer is not fit for purpose under the Sale of Goods Act 1979. 

I bought it from the HP employee store (30/10/2011) and will contact them tomorrow.

Not happy.

HP Recommended
NOT ONLY AM I UNHAPPY, IM LIVID! What a hunk of junk. I can't get my printer to print or copy. USELESS
HP Recommended
That's about how long I've been trying to get my printer to work right. Now it's dead.
HP Recommended

I'll second that! Why HP does not want to share a fix for this problem is beyond me so no more HP for me.

HP Recommended

@bbasra wrote:

Hi, 

My 8500 is suffering the same symptoms.

After 1967 prints, prints are faded, won't print black anymore, diagnostic page is all pink.

I believe the printer is not fit for purpose under the Sale of Goods Act 1979. 

I bought it from the HP employee store (30/10/2011) and will contact them tomorrow.

Not happy.

Hi, have you followed the steps in the troubleshooting document below?

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04261974

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended

I have tried all steps shown here on this forum regarding the 8500A plus printer--I get printhead alignment errors but in addition I cannot get the printer to cancel the alignment mode.  I've shut down the printer multiple times, selected cancel alignment, etc., etc., but nothing resolves this.  How do I get the alignment to cancel?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.